Help with old pictures

Interested in Genealogy or looking to trace long lost cousins in the area?

Help with old pictures

Postby nickc » 29 Sep 2016, 17:55

Hi, I would appreciate any help with the following pictures.

The first is of one of the Hornigold family. My grandmother was Kerrenhappuch Hornigold, born 1866, daughter of William Hornigold and Peace Coe. We think that the picture is one of three people. Her afore mentioned father William, or her brother Charles Hornigold, born 1856, who married Elizabeth Ann Baxter, or her Granddad Charles Hornigold born 1802 who married Mary Thompson.

On the Cobb side of the family my Granddad Henry William Cobb had a saddlery shop in what is now Dennys chip shop. The picture of it still attached to the pub is self explanatory. The other picture is a mystery as it looks like a different building. He was apprentice to Coe's harness and saddle makers and we thought he set up his own business in Gaywood as soon as he left Coe's. However, he appears to have had another shop first, almost certainly in Kings Lynn, but we can't identify where it was.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Nick.

nickc

Re: Help with old pictures

Postby nickc » 29 Sep 2016, 18:36

I think I have narrowed down the saddlery shop query. Henry William Cobb married in Kings Lynn in 1890 and was living at the Model Lodging House in Wyatt Street prior to the wedding. In 1891 he was living at Garden Row, Gaywood. Circa 1901 he moved to Farrow Buidings, Gaywood. By 1911 he was at "dennys chip shop". My guess is that the picture is Farrow Buildings, Gaywood. Anyone know anything about them?
Nick.
nickc

Postby EWW » 29 Sep 2016, 19:48

Farrow's buildings were at 45 Lynn Rd Gaywood Nick.
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby Tresagreen » 20 Jun 2019, 13:52

Message for NickC, one more name for you to add to the Hornigold tree Nick. The 'Ben' Hornigold we were talking about(John Charles Benjamin), his wife's (Laura) maiden name was Gilbert. Regards. T
Tresagreen

Postby EWW » 24 Jun 2019, 10:35

Hello Ms Green. Your email is not working so I have PMd you. You would not have got an email notification for the PM.
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby pspooner » 17 Jul 2019, 01:42

The name "Coe" caught my eye --- one of my GGt. Grandmothers was Jemima Coe, 1813-1890. Married to John Watling. They had 5 children together. Her 2nd husband was James Williamson and they had one son, Frederick.

Any connection?? I always say that there's only 2 degrees of separation, not 6!
pspooner

Postby nickc » 21 Jul 2019, 16:09

The Coe that my grandfather worked for was George Coe. As far as I am aware he and his wife Amy had no children, but they are quite possibly related to your Coes.
Nick.
nickc

Return to FAMILY HISTORY in the local area