Chinos

Got something on your chest,, Get it off here,,

Chinos

Postby spainguy » 07 Nov 2014, 12:00

If I want to buy a new pair of chinos, all I can find these days are the ones with elasticated 'comfort' waistbands. I try them on and they fit fine but when I go out for the first time and fill the pockets with loose change, car keys, house keys, phone and wallet (which doesn't weigh much these days!) they just slide down a couple of inches and look and feel ridiculous. I have to keep hitching them up every few minutes. Am I the only man in the world with this problem?
spainguy

Re: Chinos

Postby EWW » 07 Nov 2014, 12:08

Try braces :-D
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby dr strangelove » 20 Jan 2015, 14:29

spainguy wrote:If I want to buy a new pair of chinos, all I can find these days are the ones with elasticated 'comfort' waistbands. I try them on and they fit fine but when I go out for the first time and fill the pockets with loose change, car keys, house keys, phone and wallet (which doesn't weigh much these days!) they just slide down a couple of inches and look and feel ridiculous. I have to keep hitching them up every few minutes. Am I the only man in the world with this problem?

Maybe it's a Spanish thing? I'm sure I can vouch for the many chino lovers on this forum that we have never had this issue with our chinos. My chinos have a 5 loop belt system that allows me to put on any standard issue trouser belt and they never fall down, no matter how much loose change or gold I carry.
Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm schizophrenic, and so am I.
dr strangelove

Postby banjo » 20 Jan 2015, 15:09

Hi spainguy, unfortually this is a common problem with the more elder gentlemen amongst us. The problem here could be with letting the midriff area go, or it could just be that Spanish chinos aren't as good as the uk more tailored fit chino? I tend not to have this problem myself being a touch past a 31" waist, and usually only carry notes, rather than coins, hope this helps, and if not you could always try dungerees? Just a thought?
banjo

Return to Rant!