Gentlemen's club

Got something on your chest,, Get it off here,,

Re: Gentlemen's club

Postby RMP » 02 Mar 2012, 19:32

Thaberland. Fancy you remembering the name Woods. I think you should write a Trivia Book on Gaywood called "Now and Then". After all, you have a multititude of knowledge regarding so many people, places and things. Have a great time in Hawaii, my friend.

RMP :P

Imagine peace
RMP

Postby greenpen » 02 Mar 2012, 22:13

EWW wrote:Could someone please guide me to the "seedy Lynn" mentioned because after
living here for 65 years I do not know where it is. Perhaps i've lived a sheltered
life up untill now I dunno.

I can guide you to the "Seedy Lynn." Just been doing some research and it appears that there was a brothel in London road in 1958. 116 London road to be precise. That would have made you eleven at the time. I have the cutting here but it might not come out too well if I posted it? And, no, I wasn't looking for material about brothels in Lynn. :oops: :lol:
greenpen

Postby EWW » 02 Mar 2012, 23:08

You've knocked 4 years off my age, I wish it was that easy in reality.
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby greenpen » 03 Mar 2012, 08:04

EWW wrote:You've knocked 4 years off my age, I wish it was that easy in reality.

I wasn't to know you moved here when you were four. So you'd have been sixteen at the time. Still too young to go visiting places like that :lol:
greenpen

Postby greenpen » 03 Mar 2012, 08:21

Not a very good scan I'm afraid, but readable. Some parts missing

greenpen

Postby EWW » 03 Mar 2012, 09:05

Theres been brothels in lynn since time began mate. read the thread on paradise lane.
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby narborough ned » 25 Mar 2012, 23:28

Hey all. i'm luvin the weather :p

im findin my way round town again !!! i found the club.. and yeah - its open lol and i jus felt obliged to go in an investygate

well i can say :p all the ladies in there seemed to be havin a gud time and so did all the guys lol. sum of the guys were cuter than the ladies lol but hey i never bin 2 fussy lol

that private shop dont have stuff in its windows now. i had to go in an see if they had sheep inside there but no they dont lol. i had to have a good look round,and then another one to check i hadnt missed nothing, deffo no sheep. lots of other stuff tho an i shudder to think what sum of its used for!!!
narborough ned

Postby greenpen » 26 Mar 2012, 21:48

narborough ned wrote:Hey all. i'm luvin the weather :p

im findin my way round town again !!! i found the club.. and yeah - its open lol and i jus felt obliged to go in an investygate

well i can say :p all the ladies in there seemed to be havin a gud time and so did all the guys lol. sum of the guys were cuter than the ladies lol but hey i never bin 2 fussy lol

that private shop dont have stuff in its windows now. i had to go in an see if they had sheep inside there but no they dont lol. i had to have a good look round,and then another one to check i hadnt missed nothing, deffo no sheep. lots of other stuff tho an i shudder to think what sum of its used for!!!

You need to try out the Anne Summers shop while you're there, Ned. I think they have stuff in the window although I always avert my eyes as I walk quickly past that den of iniquity, you understand?
greenpen

Postby greenpen » 27 Mar 2012, 19:38

narborough ned wrote:Hey all. i'm luvin the weather :p

Did you notice the miniature pneumatic drills? Just right for budding Bob the builders at xmas :lol:
greenpen

Postby RMP » 30 Mar 2012, 21:53

Cigars Might be popular! :lol:

RMP

Imagine peace
RMP

Postby b1az3r » 22 May 2012, 15:02

Well, I have to disagree with most of the statements here.

I know a few Girls who have stripped and a couple of girls who work in the Kings Lynn Club, some nights they can make over £1000, they are looked after and (as someone above has said) they are not hookers! A strip club owner would be crazy to allow this as they would be closed down and they would face legal action.

In most cases the Girls are trying to work there way through education or are trying to support a family

What is more is that (as another user has said) there are rarely if ever any fights in a strip club, I think it's one of those few times that guys realise that girls are NOT impressed by fighting.

The clubs themselves:
I have had some of the best nights of my life in a strip club, yes they are a bit seedy but a group of guys together always have a great time and usually at the expense of the Groom (in the case of a stag night)... and lets not forget that women also see strippers!

I don't want to just spew out what has been already been said but I agree with Lynnboy and I am afraid Alastair that your statements aren't correct;
It creates poorly paid jobs for largely immigrant and certainly poor women, with little protection for their rights, no dignity and no respect.
Well we know this isn't true as strip clubs are monitored very closely by the police (and in my experience as I have said above they are usually trying to work through school) so no immigrant workers (and who cares if they are... racist much?) and they earn VERY good money... especially in a city!!

It generates revenue for the owner who will recieve almost all the take. Everyone else will be minimum wage.
Nope, again this is not correct, the owner takes the money from the door, drinks and sometimes a very small cut of around 10% from the girls or in most cases the girls keep all the money (perhaps you should be complaining about Starbucks or McDonald)!

I'll leave the CCTV thing as this is another argument

It will attract a mixed crowd - the pale silent types that should really move out from living with mother, and the drunken rowdy stag crowd that makes the door security and CCTV considered essential. It encourages those that attend to consider women to be objects with the purpose of pleasing them. It does not educate, reward or improve the lot of anyone concerned.
Well again, most of the girls are trying to get educated and this is the most money they can make so 'educate and reward' again is incorrect, as to the types, go to any pub/ club and they are much more rowdy/ abusive and you will find these people everywhere (I agree that this is a great shame but we could debate the causes of our disaffected society till the cows come home so lets just stick with this for now)... (I think what I have already said above covers this)... about the 'consider women to be objects with the purpose of pleasing them' again I would remind you that women also go to see strippers and I think this is a unfounded comment, I would argue that i have a greater love of the Human Body than you and enjoy the company of ladies, I would challenge anyone who thinks differently to go to a club and talk to the girls, it isn't just about Boobs you can talk to them to and 90% of the Girls are well spoken and well educated and would offer you a better conversation than most people in Kings Lynn.

Nett benefit to the community..less than nothing, unless you get your kicks from the power trip of having someone pretend they find you interesting
Err well the club owner has to pay rates (same as every business) and being a entertainment industry there are other licenses required so there is a slight benefit, then I suppose you could also say that they all have to pay TAX, then I would also say that people spend there money there then go on to another bar/ club then usually go to one of the lovely fast food outlets so they draw in trade! Who can say what anyone thinks of you when your not there but I know some of these girls and spend time with them outside of this as friends (YES, THEY ARE PEOPLE TO) and I am sure that they don't like some people but they get to meet loads of people and lead a rich uninhibited lifestyle!

I like strip clubs, I like talking to the girls (you can have a very open conversation with a stripper as they don't feel threatened as they know you are not going home with them), they are much safer than a pub or club where you run the risk of getting your head smashed in because someone doesn't like the look of you and you get to meet loads of new people (guys are also much happier talking to strangers in a strip club as it is a relaxed comfortable environment and there is the obvious common point of interest.

Last off who are you to Judge... he who throws the first stone...
b1az3r

Postby bill » 22 May 2012, 19:12

a bit old for all that,but it is a free country or is it,best of luck to all those who go if thats what they want.oh and the adult warehouse is down near the sunday market,not been in there as i have given up breeding rabbits.
billJ
bill

Postby EWW » 22 May 2012, 21:10

Well I was told you were invited to watch some pole dancing bill and
you went to the swimming pool with your snorkel :-D
EWW

Postby bobbiecool » 25 May 2012, 09:07

What time does it open???
bobbiecool

Postby MaggieW » 31 May 2012, 20:15

Exploiting women?
You're talking about somewhere that employs young women (who have to be strong and healthy to do the job) to writhe around a metal pole. They are probably doing something they enjoy and have trained hard to do well. It is, after all, called 'dancing'.
They are not naked, cold, hungry or at the mercy of the punters and they are well paid.
Have you males ever thought that their brilliant smiles are because they cannot fail to be highly amused by the daft antics of the boozy blokes who have forked out a fair amount of money to cat-call, whistle, and generally behave in ways that they will want to forget in the morning. I'm sure that if I was looking down on the audience from the stage, I'd be laughing too.
Now who is being exploited?
MaggieW

PreviousNext

Return to Rant!