Jokes, Fun, The Weather, Say Hello, Whatever,, Feel free to post on any subject under the moderated sun.

Postby EWW » 06 Jun 2020, 12:58

Beware that number. I had a missed call on my mobile phone and thought it was Norwich Hospital as I am expecting a call.
The number did not look quite right from memory so checked it. The result is explained below. Norwich is 01603 so you
can see why I nearly went wrong.

https://www.area-codes.org.uk/01632.php
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Re: 01632

Postby armed9 » 06 Jun 2020, 16:26

That number is also the std code for FEROZEPUR in Punjab, India. Very likely your call was from one of the many scam call centres in India using IP (Internet) phone technology either intially trying to see if your number is live and then trying to rip you off with one of the many scams they run.
You could get a follow up from another number in afew days as I assume the caller hung up when voicemail clicked in.
One 'good' thing to come out of Covid is that calls from that part of the world have fallen while India has been on lockdown.
armed9

Postby Tresagreen » 06 Jun 2020, 16:30

More and more of these scammers using fake numbers. Never ring back one you don't recognise, as some are linked to premium rate lines. Do what we did and get a call blocker phone for your landline, and delete any you don't recognise from your mobile. If they are genuine they will leave a message or get back to you. There is a website, 'who called me' where you can check all scam numbers.
Tresagreen

Postby EWW » 06 Jun 2020, 17:02

Any advice on the subject is good. Myself I have a TruCall setup on my phone and they have to say who they are. They never do.
If its a genuine caller they say who they are and the call minder will say on your phone ANNOUNCED CALL you then have the option
of letting the caller through when they have told you who they are. Button 1let them talk once.

Button 2 will let them through if they call you again as your phone stores their number in your favorites.

If you then do not want them to ring again you just hit the block button.

The number 01632 is not the actual number they are calling from. Clever aint they.

I think the BT phone powered by TruCall is the best phone out there.
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby Tresagreen » 06 Jun 2020, 17:59

I can vouch for that EW, that's the one I have, works a treat. No more unwelcome callers.
Tresagreen

Postby EWW » 06 Jun 2020, 18:05

It works with all companies also. The call guardian part is built into the phone.. but you must have a phone with a caller display for it to work.
Its a brilliant piece of kit.
EWW

Postby Tresagreen » 06 Jun 2020, 19:59

Don't know if this is the number that called you EW, but this was the last scam using 01632.

Tresagreen

Postby EWW » 06 Jun 2020, 20:21

Could be Ms Green. If you read the whole link I posted at top of thread you will see that they use a block of numbers starting 9.
You can block one number and they hit you with the next number in the block. It really only matter when they call on your mobile.
EWW

Return to SAY ANYTHING.