Smart Meters

Jokes, Fun, The Weather, Say Hello, Whatever,, Feel free to post on any subject under the moderated sun.

Smart Meters

Postby desira37 » 22 Sep 2020, 14:48

Has anyone got storage heaters and a smart meter.? They want to fit us with one but info on the net says you lose your night tariff which means you will paying more.
desira37

Re: Smart Meters

Postby EWW » 22 Sep 2020, 20:00

You do not have to have a smart meter desira. I had a letter asking me to make an appointment to have one fitted. It went straight into
the bin. I have had the same letter for several years now and I always do the same with it every time.
The extras tell you things like do not put so much water in you kettle...and stuff like that. I am sure we all worked that one out years ago

This is what USWITCH will tell you. We all now how to save on our bills...do not use as much.

Will a smart meter save me money?

A smart meter itself won't save you money, but the extras your smart meter will come with can offer much insight into how to lower your bills.

Link.
https://www.uswitch.com/gas-electricity ... _BwE#step6
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby desira37 » 22 Sep 2020, 20:33

Thanks Ev
That's about the same info that I have been looking at. Mind made up, NOT having one.
desira37

Postby Papa Smurf » 22 Sep 2020, 21:43

EWW wrote:You do not have to have a smart meter desira. I had a letter asking me to make an appointment to have one fitted. It went straight into
the bin. I have had the same letter for several years now and I always do the same with it every time.
The extras tell you things like do not put so much water in you kettle...and stuff like that. I am sure we all worked that one out years ago

This is what USWITCH will tell you. We all now how to save on our bills...do not use as much.

Will a smart meter save me money?

A smart meter itself won't save you money, but the extras your smart meter will come with can offer much insight into how to lower your bills.

Link.
https://www.uswitch.com/gas-electricity ... _BwE#step6

Exactly. Smart meters are nothing more than the electric company knowing your reading without you having to read it for them. They're marketed as a device that can help reduce your bills, but the device itself cannot do that, only you and I can by educating ourselves in using our electricity more efficiently, and by being on the best tariff available. Bit of a con to be honest.
Papa Smurf

Postby radstockjeff » 12 Oct 2020, 17:25

We had one installed about 12 months ago, but it gave up the ghost and we have been waiting since before lockdown to have a new one supplied. Perhaps it had CV! :lol:
There's nothing wrong with being mediocre.........as long as you're good at it!
radstockjeff

Return to SAY ANYTHING.