MOTORCYCLES - LET'S DISCUSS 'EM

Jokes, Fun, The Weather, Say Hello, Whatever,, Feel free to post on any subject under the moderated sun.

Re: MOTORBIKE

Postby rospaul » 13 May 2018, 20:24

:smt012 ........ Very nice EW. Now all Big John has to do is play Catch-up :lol:

:smt006
Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live for today".
(Paul the dog walker)
rospaul

Postby EWW » 13 May 2018, 20:29

Its me who has got to do the catching up RP, he has two of them now :smt028 :smt028
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby Hornchurch » 01 Jun 2018, 16:41

suzook12 wrote:
suzook12 wrote:
To be honest, after riding a Gpz11 ....
'

Ahhhh, NOW you're talking..... MY KIND OF BIKE, my kind of 'iron-steed'.

Which version GPz.1100 did you have ? = Mine was an 1100-A.2 = a GPz.1100-A.2 "Uni-Track".

It was much in the same vein of motorcycles that I regularly myself, own & ride.... (Japanese 'classics')

Here's some actual pictures of my very own bikes, FOUR of which I still own to this day

ImageHornchurch's SUZUKI GS.1000-E - File0001 (3) by Hornchurch_Aerodrome, on Flickr

Image0_0_0_0_391_293_csupload_19802121_large by Hornchurch_Aerodrome, on Flickr

ImageIMAG1491 - Hornchurch's own CB.900-F at ANMER (full 2,500pixel) by Hornchurch_Aerodrome, on Flickr

I've also got a little (fun) Kawasaki 550 Zephyr, plus I'll post a link to my beloved Z.1000-J Kawasaki.

The last-latter-final shot, kinda give my age away, as it was taken in Normandy (D-Day beaches), in June 1984

ImageHornchurch's Kawasaki Z.1000-J at Utah-Beach, Normandy, June 1984 by Hornchurch_Aerodrome, on Flickr

hopefully, links are attached, above....

Hornchurch

Postby suzook12 » 09 Sep 2018, 12:58

Hornchurch wrote:
suzook12 wrote:
suzook12 wrote:
To be honest, after riding a Gpz11 ....
'

Ahhhh, NOW you're talking..... MY KIND OF BIKE, my kind of 'iron-steed'.

Which version GPz.1100 did you have ? = Mine was an 1100-A.2 = a GPz.1100-A.2 "Uni-Track".

It was much in the same vein of motorcycles that I regularly myself, own & ride.... (Japanese 'classics')

Here's some actual pictures of my very own bikes, FOUR of which I still own to this day

ImageHornchurch's SUZUKI GS.1000-E - File0001 (3) by Hornchurch_Aerodrome, on Flickr

Image0_0_0_0_391_293_csupload_19802121_large by Hornchurch_Aerodrome, on Flickr

ImageIMAG1491 - Hornchurch's own CB.900-F at ANMER (full 2,500pixel) by Hornchurch_Aerodrome, on Flickr

I've also got a little (fun) Kawasaki 550 Zephyr, plus I'll post a link to my beloved Z.1000-J Kawasaki.

The last-latter-final shot, kinda give my age away, as it was taken in Normandy (D-Day beaches), in June 1984

ImageHornchurch's Kawasaki Z.1000-J at Utah-Beach, Normandy, June 1984 by Hornchurch_Aerodrome, on Flickr

hopefully, links are attached, above....

Some nice looking bikes there bud :D :D
I had the A1 unitrak, with the inevitable red flashing warning light that told other road users a GPZ was heading towards them :lol: :lol:
It was all original when I bought it, though a bit unloved.... Bought it from Gorleston, norwich bypass had trashed the motad neta (thats what happens going straight from a Gpz550 with ground clearance to an 11!!), then added the harris 4-1 sans baffles, blew it up. went 1170 with mikuni rs carbs (gained 10BHP AND 10MPG!!) but wouldn't stop or corner (snapped frame around swing arm pivot), ended up having a harris mag4 replica chassis built for it and wp usd forks, JMC rear and GSXR wheels/brakes.... Destroyed motor as it now went round corners... Modded frame to take a 600 mile old ZX9R motor. At this point I got offered a GSX-R1340 with all the bits at rip your hand off money so it went unfinished, ended up a feature bike in a custom bike mag (not bsh or streetfighters, the other one....) with my 1200 bandit motor from my road bike that also went in it.... That was over a 10-15 year period of ownership that saw well over 50k miles of use. I loved that bike in all it's forms and often have thoughts of owning another, then reality hits and the rose tinted specs go back in the drawer... Having ridden much newer bikes I know that owning another GPZ would be a dissappointment that would cause an astronomically expensive shopping spree and many hours at Debben Performance and a very long search for a Martek or Spondon chassis......... If I had another kwak, would prob be a zx12r, modified of course.....

Will try and dig some pics out although many were lost when split with ex...
suzook12

Postby EWW » 28 Jun 2019, 22:27

Not a good day for me, the wall, or the Bonny. Oh dear I said.

I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby Tresagreen » 29 Jun 2019, 13:22

Of course you did Ev, I'll bet there was an 'Oh bother' too :lol: Joking aside, get better soon, bikes can be replaced, you can't
Tresagreen

Postby Hornchurch » 01 Jul 2019, 21:15

EWW wrote:
Not a good day for me, the wall, or the Bonny. Oh dear I said.

'

Jeeez EW = Ya didn't do things in half-measures there mate !!!!!!!!

Any fear of an explanation as to how that situation & sad-result came about ?????

(Am just pondering how it happened?)

Hornchurch

Postby EWW » 01 Jul 2019, 21:19

All I will say is that car drivers do not see bikes and the police are viewing my bike cam footage..
EWW

Previous

Return to SAY ANYTHING.