1891c

Share and discuss your interest in History from all areas.

1891c

Postby desira37 » 19 Jun 2015, 16:32

Can anyone help with a look-up, please.
William Frederick Brice b1882 Walthamstow Essex his parents should be William Richard & Mary Ann Brice and I would like to know where they were born and his father's profession.
I got his parents from the K/L Lest We Forget memorial as he married a local girl and I have just checked to make sure and his name has been taken off for some reason. He is on the All Saints window.
desira
desira37

Re: 1891c

Postby desira37 » 19 Jun 2015, 16:49

My mistake

He is only mentioned on the South Lynn All Saints window and his father maybe William - not Wm Rch.
desira37

Postby teddybear1959 » 21 Jun 2015, 10:46

In 1911, there is a William Frederick and Ruth, living in Southwark. He was born in Walthamstow and she in Lambeth. They appear to have been married in Holborn in 1901 and Ruth was previously Ruth Maton.

A Ruth died in the September quarter of 1914 and a William F married in the December quarter of 1914, to Emma A Hardy.

Is this the correct William Frederick?

In 1891, this appears to be your William Frederick living in Hosier Lane, St Sepulchre, London

William R Brice H M 36 Preserver Of Lined Meats Homerton, Middlesex, England
Mary A Brice W M 37 Hackney
Ellen Mary Brice D S 14 Scholar Hackney
Lillian E Brice D S 11 Scholar Homerton
William F Brice S S 9 Scholar Walthamstow
Earnest Henry Brice S S 2 Middlesex
Ethel D Brice D S 0 Middlesex

Teddy
:wink:
I am very interested in local history of mid-Norfolk and I have lots of connections to families in the Lynn area. http://www.norfolk-tours.co.uk/
teddybear1959

Postby desira37 » 21 Jun 2015, 23:39

Hi Teddybear
Many thanks, yes he is the one I was looking for and it's good to see he wasn't an only child.. Emma was a gt. aunt I didn't know about until 2007 and have recently discovered they both died in Wales.
I like the photos of the children's party that has been posted and would have loved to have found Ann Bunting in my Bunting tree.
Thanks Again
desira
desira37

Postby di-marie » 23 Jun 2015, 08:46

desira37 wrote:Can anyone help with a look-up, please.
William Frederick Brice b1882 Walthamstow Essex his parents should be William Richard & Mary Ann Brice and I would like to know where they were born and his father's profession.
I got his parents from the K/L Lest We Forget memorial as he married a local girl and I have just checked to make sure and his name has been taken off for some reason. He is on the All Saints window.
desira

I also looked this up and my eyes see it different to Teddy. I read Hosier as Homer as in Homerton and lined meats as tinned meats. Also St Sepulcre is a parish and not the town. In the A to Z, there is a Hosier Lane near Holborn but in Homerton there are Homer Rd, Grove, Street but no lane so I'm puzzled. Sorry Teddy just saying what I see. I have the Light Perpetual book with a long write up of W.F. Brice, I expect it's the same as Lynn News tho
di-marie

Postby teddybear1959 » 23 Jun 2015, 08:56

I just pasted the index entry for the census and carried out the other research to see if it was the correct family. Once that was confirmed, I will be looking at it again when time permits.

24 hours in a day are just not enough.

Teddy
:wink:
I am very interested in local history of mid-Norfolk and I have lots of connections to families in the Lynn area. http://www.norfolk-tours.co.uk/
teddybear1959

Postby di-marie » 23 Jun 2015, 16:49

di-marie wrote:
desira37 wrote:Can anyone help with a look-up, please.
desira

I also looked this up and my eyes see it different to Teddy. I read Hosier as Homer as in Homerton and lined meats as tinned meats. Also St Sepulcre is a parish and not the town. In the A to Z, there is a Hosier Lane near Holborn but in Homerton there are Homer Rd, Grove, Street but no lane so I'm puzzled. Sorry Teddy just saying what I see. I have the Light Perpetual book with a long write up of W.F. Brice, I expect it's the same as Lynn News tho

Oh dear I have to apologise to Teddy, looked census up again and I can see its Hosier Lane, my vision is blurred due to cataracts, sorry for that. Hosier Lane is just north of Holborn Viaduct and south of West Smithfield.
di-marie

Postby desira37 » 25 Jun 2015, 13:12

I am trying to find if there is a connection with my Hardy's born K/Lynn from this 1881c census which I am having trouble getting my head round
Census from FamilySearch

Robert Hardy 37yrs London, Middlesex

Sarah Hardy 39yrs Boston Lincs

Pleasance Hardy daughter 4yrs K/Lynn

George Hardy brother 17yrs K/Lynn

at Greens Yard, King St. K/Lynn
desira37

Postby teddybear1959 » 25 Jun 2015, 14:52

Have you found the birth of Emma A Hardy, or her whereabouts on earlier census?
teddybear1959

Postby EWW » 25 Jun 2015, 14:58

Desira. Arthur Paynters aunt was called Pleasance. Next time I speak to him, or maybe Rospaul
if he sees him first could ask him if she was a Hardy.
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby desira37 » 25 Jun 2015, 20:50

Emma was my grandmother's eldest sister. On Monday I received Emma & Alfred Brown [ 2nd husband ] death cert. from Wales. They lived in Pimlico in 1926 and I can only guess they were bombed during the war.
It was her 1st husband's family that I was trying to trace as I couldn't find them altogether in a census. Pleased with what you found me.
desira
desira37

Postby rospaul » 26 Jun 2015, 19:52

EWW wrote:Desira. Arthur Paynters aunt was called Pleasance. Next time I speak to him, or maybe Rospaul
if he sees him first could ask him if she was a Hardy.

I asked Arthur about this when we were at Trues Yard this morning, the names Pleasance and Hardy didn't ring any bells with him..... :(

:smt006
Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live for today".
(Paul the dog walker)
rospaul

Postby EWW » 26 Jun 2015, 19:59

Hi RP. He told me that she was known as Plessy and I thought he said her full name was
Pleasance. He said she kept the shop on the corner of North Street. He always talk of her
when he gives talks on the old Northend.
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Return to History from further afield