ADOLF H

Share and discuss your interest in History from all areas.

ADOLF H

Postby EWW » 24 Mar 2012, 13:51

These pictures were sent to me by the same man that sent me the Tower Bridge pictures.
I would like to find a couple of the old VWs seen and with the original plates on them.

Lots of them and in no particular order.

These are chilling images of loyalty and commitment to a MANIAC, (Adolf Hitler).

Lost pictures of the Third Reich

These color pictures were taken by a Life photographer between 1939 and 1940 in Berlin and were lost for over 70 years because the American photographer disappeared at the beginning of the war, along with his Roleiflex camera.

Shown here are the originals (used at that time in the production of
magazines). The majority are 6"x 9".
They were found by a nurse in a Berlin hospital, who kept them all these years. After her death, her daughter returned them to the current editors.
Some of these are so vivid for being over 70 years old, and so large that you almost feel as if you're standing there.

I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Re: ADOLF H

Postby EWW » 24 Mar 2012, 13:54

I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby EWW » 24 Mar 2012, 13:56

EWW

Postby EWW » 24 Mar 2012, 14:00

EWW

Postby EWW » 24 Mar 2012, 14:02

EWW

Postby EWW » 24 Mar 2012, 14:04

EWW

Postby EWW » 24 Mar 2012, 14:06

EWW

Postby EWW » 24 Mar 2012, 14:09

EWW

Postby EWW » 24 Mar 2012, 14:10

EWW

Postby beryltheperil » 25 Mar 2012, 15:51

O.M.G!those pictures are chilling evhow on earth did you come by them ?
beryltheperil

Postby Norfolkborn » 24 Apr 2012, 22:55

This series of pictures stands as a salutary warning to those who will see it.

Don't follow extremists, sweet talkers, soothsayers or anyone else with way out views. Life was less than cheap to the Nazis; whatever shade of life people are, they have value.

Bad as our nation might seem to many, it's still a bl**dy site better than Germany under Hitler, or for a generation after.
Norfolkborn

Postby greenpen » 25 Apr 2012, 08:24

EWW wrote:These pictures were sent to me by the same man that sent me the Tower Bridge pictures.
I would like to find a couple of the old VWs seen and with the original plates on them.

Lots of them and in no particular order.

These are chilling images of loyalty and commitment to a MANIAC, (Adolf Hitler).

But was he a maniac in the real sense of the word? He certainly thought he was a military genius, luckily for the free world.

http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/people/h/hit ... index.html
greenpen

Postby trevanne » 25 Apr 2012, 21:30

Norfolkborn wrote:This series of pictures stands as a salutary warning to those who will see it.

Don't follow extremists, sweet talkers, soothsayers or anyone else with way out views. Life was less than cheap to the Nazis; whatever shade of life people are, they have value.

Bad as our nation might seem to many, it's still a bl**dy site better than Germany under Hitler, or for a generation after.

You must have been reading my mind mate and you beat me to it,well said,and yes he was a maniac. :evil: Picture's are first class Ev,make's your blood run cold.
It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice.
trevanne

Postby Norfolkborn » 25 Apr 2012, 22:54

Thanks for that Trevanne, it's really good to know someone else shares my more moderate and considered views.

As for the psycho-babble about Hitler, it's ten a penny, worthless.
Norfolkborn

Postby greenpen » 25 Apr 2012, 23:05

trevanne wrote:
Norfolkborn wrote:This series of pictures stands as a salutary warning to those who will see it.

You must have been reading my mind mate and you beat me to it,well said,and yes he was a maniac. :evil: Picture's are first class Ev,make's your blood run cold.

I would say evil and very cunning, but he probably became deranged when his plans started to go wrong. He certainly wasn't mad when he made his best speeches. He had a magnetic personality. There seems to be a very fine line between sanity and insanity however. He wasn't mad enough to have his name associated in any way with the Wannasee conference which Reynard Heydrich masterminded almost single handedly with a little help from Eichmann. Very difficult to know exactly when he crossed the line; maybe after Staffenberg's bomb attempt? I spent three years in Berlin. I visited Plotensee prison where the plotters were hung up on piano wire by their private parts and filmed for Hitler's private viewing. It's an awful place. No doubt he was probably clinically insane by that time?
greenpen

Return to History from further afield