THAILAND RIVER

Got any photos or videos from further afield that you would like to share? Post them here.

THAILAND RIVER

Postby 8 boston square » 07 Oct 2021, 13:52

This is about 1 mile from where I live and reminds me of an English scene apart from the temperature.

8 boston square

Re: THAILAND RIVER

Postby 8 boston square » 07 Oct 2021, 15:29

This a small river about from where I live, it has risen considerably in the last few days but you see no palms or tropical looking trees and its a place I go to remind me of England.
Thailand's large river is the Chao Phyra it is formed of the joining of the Ping and the Nan here in Nakhon Sawan then runs down to Bangkok, its full now and there has been flooding on the south of the river as of last week, we came back from the coast yesterday and its up even higher and southwest of the city there is also now flooding we saw on our way back. This is a regular occurrence, every year and they, the authorities, dont seem to have a plan to fix it once and for all, well one that might work. Eventually they will have to open the dams and Bangkok will also cop it, luckily for me where I am it does not flood. You have flooding in the UK but its nothing like what they get here, but right now this picture is very tranquil.
8 boston square

Postby 8 boston square » 09 Oct 2021, 08:46

8 boston square

Postby 8 boston square » 11 Oct 2021, 02:16

The two pictures above are of Jomtein beach which is about 2 -3 miles south of Pattaya, the first one is taken facing north to towards Pattaya and you can see Koh Larn on the left where the beaches are much better but alas a huge reduction in ferries ruled that out and we ended up at Jomtein! The second picture is facing south and as you can see there are no people on the beach its usually packed, especially with Chinese but the Chinese are not being allowed to travel currently so we had the beach to ourselves, weather was good and the water warm but it is strange to almost alone on the beach.
8 boston square

Postby 8 boston square » 11 Oct 2021, 08:18

A couple of photos from Mae Pim beach,

8 boston square

Postby EWW » 11 Oct 2021, 08:20

I think one of the pics is at the beach pic you first posted Boston. Very nice though.
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Return to Photographs from further afield