What type of picture is this?

Got a problem? need some help? Ask away, help on using this forum, consumer advice, computer problems.anything! Somebody out there just might be able to help.
Help with registration can also be found here.

What type of picture is this?

Postby PAT 1652 » 24 Jun 2019, 21:10

Could anyone please help to identify this type of picture, depending where you stand 3 different views can be seen.
I have looked on- line but do not really know how to describe it :(
Fingers crossed that it might have a name, I was thinking of 'holograph'?
It is quite old, allegedly.
PAT 1652

Re: What type of picture is this?

Postby EWW » 24 Jun 2019, 21:13

I think you may be talking about a "HOLOGRAM" PAT1652.
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby EWW » 24 Jun 2019, 21:16

I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby PAT 1652 » 24 Jun 2019, 22:36

Thank you, the picture I have is a religious one and it shows 3 totally different pictures in the one frame depending whether you look from the left or right or straight on. I have tried to upload but 'it's too large'. It actually belongs to my elderly neighbour who has asked me to try and sell for him, it's possibly been handed down at least a couple of generations. I have never seen a picture like it. ?
PAT 1652

Postby Tresagreen » 25 Jun 2019, 06:39

Hello again Pat. Is it possible for you to take a photo of the picture and post that? Just the same as you have done with the flowers before. As Ev says it is probably a hologram, there are quite a few on various websites, some of which are quite valuable........ By the way, did you have any luck with Tradescantia :-) T
Last edited by Tresagreen on 25 Jun 2019, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.
Tresagreen

Postby EWW » 25 Jun 2019, 09:09

Normally if the picture has three religious panels it is known as a Triptych. The russians used to go in for them in a big way
I have seen several while visiting art galleries over the years. Some by the great masters are worth millions. Dennis Gabor
is the guy who invented the hologram in the 1950s and I have seen his work in the science museum in London.
EWW

Postby Leigh » 25 Jun 2019, 15:48

Sounds like "lenticular printing" a technology in which lenticular lenses (a technology that is also used for 3D displays) are used to produce printed images with an illusion of depth, or the ability to change or move as the image is viewed from different angles.
Leigh

Postby PAT 1652 » 25 Jun 2019, 20:33

Love all the messages, the one from Leigh sounds interesting. When I first put my question on the Forum I tried to upload the pic of the picture but it would not accept it, I have just taken a pic of an email that shows the 3 views from the one picture, I will try to upload this.
And to Tresagreen I have not had much luck obtaining the Tradescantia, when I searched online with my usual nurserys no one had them for sale, the only firms that had them were in the USA...........
I have found a similar plant, it's of the same family but very different, I did buy it but I do prefer the original. The one I purchased from Dobbies was a Tradescantia x Andersoniana "Sunshine Charm", the flowers are pinky purple and leaves partly yellowy, looks like it's been over watered but that's how it should be. I will keep searching for my fav.

It still will not accept the photo of the picture :(

PAT 1652

Postby PAT 1652 » 25 Jun 2019, 20:36

Is there a way that I can email this picture to Tresagreen ?
PAT 1652

Postby Tresagreen » 25 Jun 2019, 20:43

Hi Pat, really pretty flowers, shame you couldn't find a blue one. My old neighbour used to have the blue and I tried to get seeds from it many years ago. If I ever come across a blue one I will let you know. As for sending me an e mail pic, yes that's fine. My address is on my profile or I can pm you details. Just upload the photo in the same way as you would to put one on here. T
Tresagreen

Postby PAT 1652 » 25 Jun 2019, 20:55

Sorry don't know how to access your profile :lol:
PAT 1652

Postby EWW » 25 Jun 2019, 20:57

Pat. You are posting the picture correctley, it just take a little while for it to appear. Keep posting your pictures the same way.
EWW

Postby PAT 1652 » 25 Jun 2019, 22:08

I'm trying again to send pic
PAT 1652

Postby Tresagreen » 25 Jun 2019, 22:16

Ok Pat, just upload the picture the same as you have done to me, it may be large, but give it time and let Ev work his magic. The forum can only handle certain sizes, so if we send one that's a bit big, it has to be made to fit. Give it a chance. T
Tresagreen

Postby EWW » 26 Jun 2019, 07:54

Leigh wrote:Sounds like "lenticular printing" a technology in which lenticular lenses (a technology that is also used for 3D displays) are used to produce printed images with an illusion of depth, or the ability to change or move as the image is viewed from different angles.

This is a Lenticular print and like you I think our pat has something similar. My children bought me one in birthday card form years ago
and to tell the truth it made me feel a bit woozie every time I looked at it. :roll: Obviously you cannot see the movement on this print.

EWW

Next

Return to Help!