old public houses

Got a problem? need some help? Ask away, help on using this forum, consumer advice, computer problems.anything! Somebody out there just might be able to help.
Help with registration can also be found here.

old public houses

Postby rocker » 20 Jan 2013, 15:31

Has anybody got any info on the future plans for the Old Princess Royal pub (Cobblestones) and the old Prince of Wales pub ? thank you.
rocker

Re: old public houses

Postby Simon » 20 Jan 2013, 16:14

cobblestones is now funeral directors dunno prince of wales thought it foreigner bar
Simon

Postby PilgrimPhil » 19 Nov 2020, 13:16

I am editing my fathers memoirs and have come across reference to their new neighbours in 2002 [208 Wootton Road] and he has the new owners were a David "Kilver" [had a son Brian] who had been the landlord of the Sandboy at Bawsey & then took over the Princess Royal [Cobblestones] in Blackfriars Street. Can anyone confirm the name please? Thanks
PilgrimPhil

Postby EWW » 19 Nov 2020, 13:27

Dave Kilvington was a good mate of mine. He started out as a barman for Ian Barker at the Lork Kelvin. He then went to the Woolpack on the
Tuesday market place. Then the Sandboy and on to the Princess Royal and changed the name to Cobblestones. He only has one son and his
name is Mark. Mark was a mate of my son. Unless Marks real name was Brian that is, but I never heard it mentioned over the years.

Cobblestones is now Coggles undertakers. My daughter worked for them for years but now has her own funeral home in Stoke Ferry.
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby PilgrimPhil » 19 Nov 2020, 13:33

Thanks - I can correct Dad's memoirs now! David's son is down as Brian, and his partner & small son moved into 208 Wootton Road whilst their house was being refurbished in Kensington Road. Does that sound about right - even if his name is Mark?! David & his wife moved into 208 afterwards. Phil R
PilgrimPhil

Postby EWW » 19 Nov 2020, 13:40

I have not seen David and his wife Jo for years phil so do not know where they went after the Princess. I have sent a text
to my eldest daughter to see if she knows anything about Daves house moves as she and my son in law were great friends
of them also.

Part 2. Just had a text back from daughter and she says that Mark still calls himself Mark on his Fakebook page.
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Return to Help!