Alan Rosenberg (primary school teacher)

Looking for lost family and friends?
Tell us who you are looking for or where you are now, get in touch with your old friends...
Have you moved away? Want to know how your old area is doing or let old friends know how you're doing?

Alan Rosenberg (primary school teacher)

Postby jewbo23 » 13 Apr 2015, 13:44

I'm looking for any info on my old primary school teacher, Alan Rosenberg. He was my teacher at Eastgate Primary School in 93 94. He was the best teacher I ever had and I have find memories of him. Did anyone else get taught by him? Is he still alive? I'd love to hear any info or stories. Thanks in advance.
jewbo23

Re: Alan Rosenberg (primary school teacher)

Postby dr strangelove » 13 Apr 2015, 17:13

I too was taught by him in 1983, but I believe he died not that long ago. He had an old Citroen car which he called The Red Banana and he once took a couple of us to John Savages to look at the guitars, which he also taught. Definitely the most easy going teacher at St James Boys, he also had a slight bohemian way about him. Yeah, very nice teacher.
Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm schizophrenic, and so am I.
dr strangelove

Postby jewbo23 » 13 Apr 2015, 22:29

I'd forgotten he played guitar. And yeah he did seem the bohemian type. I always remember him often telling us how he didn't have a TV in his house. My 11 year old mind just couldn't fathom such a thing. He also got us to play cricket every Friday afternoon in the playground. He once told me I was the best cricketer he had seen at my age and I never played after primary school. Shame really.
jewbo23

Postby di-marie » 14 Apr 2015, 08:22

jewbo23 wrote:I'm looking for any info on my old primary school teacher, Alan Rosenberg. He was my teacher at Eastgate Primary School in 93 94. He was the best teacher I ever had and I have find memories of him. Did anyone else get taught by him? Is he still alive? I'd love to hear any info or stories. Thanks in advance.

Mr Rosenberg taught my friends son. He was a much loved man at the school. He died in August 2013 after a short spell of cancer. He lived Necton area he was 75.
di-marie

Postby jewbo23 » 14 Apr 2015, 17:31

Sad to hear he died, though it's nice to hear he was so liked.
jewbo23

Postby Diddly Dom » 14 Apr 2015, 21:14

Very sad to hear he died,i wasn't taught by him at St James Junior boys, but I know he was a very man,i was taught by Mr.Jackson,anyone remember him??!! And Nick Liddle who I believe is still teaching in the Manchester area I think!!
Diddly Dom

Postby banjo » 16 Apr 2015, 20:03

Yeh I remember all three of those teachers Dom. Liddell was science, rosenburge was a real nice guy, and Mr Jackson was, just angry! Haha! Liked to throw chalk rubbers at kids, and generally just shout at them. He always sat on his own in the canteen, and put pepper on his ice cream bless him. Last I saw of him, he was working as a security guard at frigo's, but that was back in the 90's.
banjo

Postby MrTed » 29 Sep 2015, 21:13

Oh my God! I've just seen this. I have only just posted a picture of me with Mr Rosenburg in the background in 1979 on the St James Boys school thread.
It was taken on a school trip to York. He was a brilliant teacher...

MrTed

Return to Lost family, friends and where are you now?