eating out

Would you like to make a recommendation on good service or value for money that you have found in the area? Then please post here.

eating out

Postby vickyplum0810 » 11 Aug 2011, 16:43

:) anyone looking for a good cooked meal at good prices,lovely surroundings and something for the kids then brewers fayres the place to go.you really cant go wrong
vickyplum0810

Re: eating out

Postby daveh » 11 Dec 2011, 19:40

My wife and I went to Lynn last weekend to see my father. We arrived around 3.00pm on the Friday and were recommended the Sandboy at Bawsey - luckily, food was still being served. I had liver & onions and my wife had lasagne, washed down with a pint of Heacham Gold and a pint of Elgood's Cambridge, so good we took my father for the Sunday carvery. We had the chocolate cheesecake (each time) and my father had the fried ice-cream (just try it). High on my list for revisiting - best to book the carvery. We will be back in March.

On Monday we went to Snettisham to see a friend and had a meal at The Coach and Horses in Dersingham - this was a revisit. Again, I had liver, bacon & onions (my favourite, if you hadn't guessed already), my wife had the chicken. Don't forget - £3.00 off main courses in the winter. A couple of cheesecakes (again!!) and a couple of pints of cask ale finished our meal, perfectly.Again, we will be back next March.

No family or friend connections with either, just an appreciation of good food and beer.
daveh

Postby snake-eyes » 15 Dec 2011, 16:00

We often eat at the Old Bell at Grimston, try the mid week menue of two for a tenner or the fish and chip special on a friday.
also do a very good pint of Wherry and often have guest real ales
:smt006 :smt012
try everything once, if you dont like it once is enough
snake-eyes

Postby Dry_Sweeper » 25 Dec 2011, 00:49

vickyplum0810 wrote::) anyone looking for a good cooked meal at good prices,lovely surroundings and something for the kids then brewers fayres the place to go.you really cant go wrong

I will come and see you in the new year lol

Will you give me a discount!
Dry_Sweeper

Postby shaz3689 » 26 Dec 2011, 18:57

The Steakhouse at Middleton is very good and worth a visit. Very good service, nice venue and bottomless fries and coke on certain menus. The fries are the best we have ever tasted
Every day of your life is a page of your history...
shaz3689

Return to Recommendations