how to post a photo

Got any photos or videos from around the local area that you would like to share? Post them here.

how to post a photo

Postby patten » 29 Jun 2020, 21:30

I am trying to post of photo of the Cozins family from the kings lynn area and am having a great deal of difficulty with it. Please send advice. Thanks Sandy
patten

Re: how to post a photo

Postby EWW » 30 Jun 2020, 09:00

Hello patten. It is just the same as attaching a picture to an email. I know that some people have never done this but it is quite easy.
At the bottom of the box that you have typed your text about the the picture, when you scroll down to the bottom you will see a tab
that says UPLOAD ATTACHMENT. Click on that and you will see a tab that says BROWSE Click on that and it will got to where you keep
your pictures on your PC. Double click on the picture and it will jump into the box beside where it says Browse. Click on the PREVIEW
button to see if your picture has attached. If it has hit the SUBMIT tab. Sometimes your picture may not appear on the forum straight
away but do not worry it is there and waiting for me to clear it.

It sounds complicated but it is not really. After you have done a couple you can do it with your eyes shut.
This method is also explained in the HELP section down the left hand side of the home page.

But you must have your pictures on your device for this to happen.

Give it a try and if you still find it difficult you can email them to me and I will post them for you under your name.
Good luck and we await your pictures.
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby EWW » 06 Jul 2020, 00:33

I have resized the picture sandy and it is now in the family history section under the tread name PATTEN MATHEWS and COZENS.
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby patten » 08 Jul 2020, 20:27

where is the family history thingy. Is it the Norfolk one or does Kings Lynn have there own.
patten

Postby EWW » 08 Jul 2020, 20:42

Hello Patten. If you look down the left hand side of the forum you will see all the different sections. The family history section is in the forth block down.
Your pictures are there. You can post them one at a time in there until you get used to doing it. Just post them in there and I will sort them for you.
EWW

Postby patten » 09 Jul 2020, 18:00

on my computer there is not a browse button Interesting. Does it depend on what your program is? This is not easy
patten

Postby EWW » 09 Jul 2020, 19:52

Well you have already used it to post your two pictures. The Browse button is on the forum. Do you live local?
EWW

Postby patten » 12 Jul 2020, 18:32

No I live in Canada. I go to upload attachment I attach a photo and it says I have to few words. I go to preview and nothing is there. I go to submit and nothing comes up. I believe I am doing the same thing each time as I wrote down what you said except I cannot find browse on my computer.

Sandy
patten

Postby patten » 12 Jul 2020, 18:43

It now says when I submit I am not allowed in. So if you send me your email. I will email you all the photos I have. Sorry to be such a bother. Sandy from Canada.
patten

Postby EWW » 12 Jul 2020, 19:34

Hello Sandy. You are a bit to far away for me to come and show you how to post them :D but you will find my email under the hand avatar in any of my posts.

If it is family stuff I will post them with the ones you have already posted. Send as many as you want. If you have lots just send a few at a time.
EWW
EWW

Postby patten » 12 Jul 2020, 21:56

It now says it will not take a jpeg. So I could not post anything on your page.

Sandy
patten

Postby EWW » 12 Jul 2020, 22:35

I'm sorry patten but I do not know what you are trying to do. My email will take any file.. jpg tiff anything. Are you trying to attach it to my PM or my email?

If you are trying to attach to my PM it will not work. This is my email ewwright@btinternet.com please use that.
EWW

Return to Photographs from around the local area.