Diane Lines rant in the Daily Mail

Got something on your chest,, Get it off here,,

Diane Lines rant in the Daily Mail

Postby dr strangelove » 06 May 2015, 16:06

Norfolk Street has been a bit of a drunken mess at weekends for a long time, but I do feel sorry for Diane. Just mindless yobs bringing down the town to their level, sub-human.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... about.html
Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm schizophrenic, and so am I.
dr strangelove

Re: Diane Lines rant in the Daily Mail

Postby MJR » 06 May 2015, 19:18

Original column http://www.lynnnews.co.uk/news/opinion/ ... -1-6719981 - 0 comments as I write this, but that says as much about how awkward the current LN website is to use as anything else.

Yes, Norfolk Street is a problem area. If there is as much anti-social behaviour as described, why aren't alcohol licences in that area being suspended?

I understand she also complains about people nicking her parking space and potholes. If it's a private parking space (Albert Avenue?), then installing dropping bollards or making a deal with an enforcement company seem like options... or living in the town centre is about the easiest place to not own one and hire if/when needed... and if it's a private road, then filling the potholes is up to the owners = her or her landlord? Those two problems with a private road aren't really the town's fault. :roll:

The concerns about road justice is one I share (a £85 fine for a hit-and-run bad enough to write off a car doesn't seem enough) and I've signed up to http://www.roadJustice.org.uk to call for reform. I'd also like us to fund the police so they're not short-staffed. I won't write more about those else I'll probably break this site's politics ban again. :(
MJR

Postby EWW » 06 May 2015, 19:40

I won't write more about those else I'll probably break this site's politics ban again. :(

Yes quite right.
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby EWW » 06 May 2015, 19:55

May not be on such a scale as drunken yobbish behavior, but riding bikes through the
pedestrians in Norfolk street against local by-laws is just as bad. Both are anti social.
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby MJR » 07 May 2015, 11:50

EWW wrote:May not be on such a scale as drunken yobbish behavior, but riding bikes through the
pedestrians in Norfolk street against local by-laws is just as bad. Both are anti social.

There are no such by-laws but there is a county order which prohibits all vehicles between CEX and High Street, which I disagree with because riding slowly and responsibly is takes up less space and is more stable (= is safer for everyone) than trying to push a bike through the light pedestrian traffic usually seen in town.
MJR

Return to Rant!