Lets Rock
Oathead

Postby old-git » 02 Mar 2006, 02:59

Good pics,,,err,, if you can call them that :shock:
I like the one on the motor bike Mike, wonder if he gets to see it. :-D
mustn't grumble
old-git

Postby delbert » 05 Mar 2006, 18:04

took a walk down park opposite hob in well pub,and through to walk near allotments ,ending up at bridge near main rd going to end of loke rd

disgusting
"go placidly amid the noise and haste"
delbert

Postby Mike.H » 06 Mar 2006, 00:04

Well judging from this thread, it looks like we live in quite a tip. :roll:
If anyone is reading this who lives outside Lynn, don't worry, for every bad area we have another thats twice as bad. :-D
Mike.H

Postby CC » 06 Mar 2006, 07:57

MH, thanks to all for supporting this issue., a subject that really does upset my sense of pride at being born and bred here in King's Lynn. I intend to send links to this thread to the Environment Agency and Local Council. I doubt if it will have much effect but feel I must try something rarther than be passive by accepting it. If anyone else has any ideas as to how we bring this to the attention of the Authority's then lets hear them please.
CC
do yew keep on atroshin boy!
CC

Postby choks » 06 Mar 2006, 08:47

Good Luck CC

I Hope This Gets Their Attention
Summers comming...
choks

Postby CC » 14 Jun 2006, 15:11

I decided to take a stroll around Bawsey (with the dog) today, not been for several weeks.....wish now I hadn't. See these pics, don't be impressed by the presentation or quality just be apalled at the mindless, sensless selfishness of the morons who defile a beauty spot for others.

There are other that I took, even in the middle one pit are the remains of a burnt out car.
The owners of the site would be well justified in closing the gates and padlocking it to all.
CC
CC

Postby teddybear1959 » 14 Jun 2006, 16:52

Hi all.

I have emailed both District and County Councils. :twisted:

West Norfolk have replied: :shock:

Thank you for your e-mail. As you are probably aware the Household Waste recycling sites are run by Norfolk County Council and we at the Borough Council of King's Lynn & West Norfolk have no control over the types and amounts of waste that are able to be taken to these sites, maybe you should contact Norfolk County Council. The Borough Council of King's Lynn & West Norfolk provide advice on all waste issues on our web site at http://www.west-norfolk.gov.uk If you follow the link click on services then environment you will find information under Waste Management. We also provide advice to anyone who contacts us with waste problems. I will forward your E-Mail to the head of my department. If you would like to discuss any waste issues feel free to contact me.

Regards

Jack Daniels

I will be getting back to Mr Daniels with some questions.

I have had no reply from County Council. Perhaps if we all send them in, someone will get fed up and do something?

Best wishes.

Teddy
:wink:
teddybear1959

Postby CC » 14 Jun 2006, 17:15

TB, good thought but you will find as this area is privately owned neither Councils can do anything.
:(
CC
:cry:
CC

Fly tipping

Postby teddybear1959 » 14 Jun 2006, 21:03

Hi CC

Yes, I understand that some of the areas concerned are privately owned, but if the councils changed their policies regarding what you can take to the tip, the problem could be greatly reduced. It is because you can't take this or that to the tip that this and that ends up in our lay bys.

As is normal, council officers don't actually want to deal with the problem, they hand it on to other people.

I will get back to WNDC because I consider environmental issues should be taken up by them with the County Council. It is no good them saying that they "have no control over what is taken to these sites" because the restrictions set down by County are having an enormous effect on the local environment for the area that they are responsible for.

The more of us that contact these bodies, the more likely we are to get something done.

Teddy :wink:
teddybear1959

Postby Mike.H » 18 Jun 2006, 15:20

CC wrote:The owners of the site would be well justified in closing the gates and padlocking it to all.

Yes I agree, or they will charge to use it, but more likely close it off.
Mike.H

townhall steps

Postby lynnlad » 24 Jun 2006, 21:24

hope they dont dump on the townhall steps the new mayor would not b very happy lol poor annie :lol:
lynnlad

Postby unimatrix-zero » 18 May 2007, 14:45

Not too sure if you have heard of the site below :

http://www.neighbourhoodfixit.com/

I used it to report the problem of persistant dumping of rubbish on the Highgate side of the riverbank on Littleport Street, and got a very quick reponse from West Norfolk Council.

It appear the reponsibility for the river bank at Highgate belongs to the Internal Drainage Board.. I have mailed them but as of yet they have not had the courtesy to reply.
unimatrix-zero

Postby old-git » 29 Jun 2007, 05:05

Just as a matter of interest uni, have the Internal Drainage Board sorted out the rubbish on the bank? I don't suppose they have much of a customer service department, and I just wondered how they dealt with you. :roll:
mustn't grumble
old-git

Postby unimatrix-zero » 09 Aug 2007, 13:32

Unfortunately not....

Will leave it until a bit later in the year when the nettles, weeds etc have died down so I can take a photo of all the rubbish that is hidden at the moment.
unimatrix-zero

PreviousNext

Return to Rant!