WEDS FREE PARKING

Got something on your chest,, Get it off here,,

WEDS FREE PARKING

Postby wallywombat » 26 Jul 2013, 10:55

***WARNING*** When the Weds Free parking, 3pm onwards, starts next week make sure you get a ticket with your Reg No on it and display it, otherwise you will get booked for non display even though it's free!!!. :evil:
NORMAL FOR NORFOLK
wallywombat

Re: WEDS FREE PARKING

Postby dr strangelove » 26 Jul 2013, 12:11

Oh dear. But I guess the rules are the rules :roll:
Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm schizophrenic, and so am I.
dr strangelove

Postby Adam H » 26 Jul 2013, 16:15

Will make sure the misses knows that, no doubt she would have parked up and walked off :roll:
Adam H

Postby MJR » 12 Aug 2013, 17:29

So the parking is "free" and we council-tax-payers are still paying wardens to check tickets? So not really free - it's just that they've hidden the costs. That makes me so cross! And that money is gone, with no new transport infrastructure to show for it!

The costs of these promotions is £100,000 according to http://www.west-norfolk.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=27148 - they could have spent that on so many better things than free parking for a few Wednesday afternoon shoppers!

It would even have been better if they'd made Tuesday the free parking day, to help the Tuesday Market while it's displaced from the TMP to New Conduit Street - but no, they'd prefer to encourage people to wait until Wednesday if they have the choice and stuff the market traders!
MJR

Postby speedygonzalez » 08 Nov 2013, 15:12

Does anyone know if there's a parking offer for November? All I can see on the council website is the October one which has expired and a few dates for the late night shopping evenings which are mainly for December. Thank you
speedygonzalez

Postby MJR » 11 Nov 2013, 11:25

I don't know but I've asked the council and any reply may appear at https://mobile.twitter.com/mjray/status ... 183232?p=v
MJR

Postby MJR » 11 Nov 2013, 16:52

Not a direct answer, but it looks like the Thursday evenings is the only car parking offer. Look on the bright side - at least cars can park on the Tuesday Market Place again, unlike cycles which come before cars in policy but long long after in practice :mad:
MJR

Postby speedygonzalez » 13 Nov 2013, 20:39

Thanks MJR :-)
speedygonzalez

Postby wallywombat » 13 Nov 2013, 23:29

:D Just read on EDP24, as from this Friday until the clocks go forward 2014 all keypads on car park ticket machines in King's Lynn and Hunstanton will be turned off as the public cannot see the keypads!!. Sense at last :D
NORMAL FOR NORFOLK
wallywombat

Postby MJR » 18 Nov 2013, 10:53

And yippee the cycle park is back - well as soon as the barricades around the Xmas trees are removed!

Not the 50 spaces I was told would be there, but it's more than the overcrowded racks that were there before.
MJR

Postby banjo » 26 Nov 2013, 17:33

Hi, in my opinion the Council should be paying us to shop in Kings Lynn town centre, unless you want a new mobile phone, or want to visit a pound shop, why would you want to go up town?? With all the free parking on the Hardwick, the High st is so old school. :smt011 :smt011
banjo

Postby MJR » 27 Nov 2013, 12:47

There's next to no parking at Hardwick Retail Park except for Sainsburys. Just handfuls of spaces outside Costa and B&Q, plus insecure parking at Homebase and broken parking at Halfords (calls itself a bike shop, then cements the bike racks too close to the wall). The new food shop being built next to Currys will have some parking, which will probably be quite popular.

The town centre has abundant parking, shops that are either the same (Sainsbury, Next, Boots, Argos, ...) or selling similar stuff as at Hardwick but more locally owned (Cooper and Elms rather than Maplin, for example), and the shop entrances are closer together, with more choice of good cafes and bars and you get the benefit of the Christmas lights from tomorrow. Why wouldn't you prefer to go into town? ;-)
MJR

Postby dr strangelove » 27 Nov 2013, 17:17

Not sure how Christmas lights can be beneficial? Anyone who has epilepsy would find it a struggle to shop down there at all at night.
Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm schizophrenic, and so am I.
dr strangelove

Postby furby » 27 Nov 2013, 18:57

Have to agree with Banjo on this one,Kings Lynn town centre for shopping is a joke,30 minute parking spaces have disappeared,I for one refuse to pay to park when the shops are all cheap and tacky,Too many coffee shops which are full of people with too much time on their hands.I can honestly count on my one hand the only decent shops to go in,Oh and don't get me started on mobile phone shops,Go to any other town/city and on the industrial estates they have little towns for decent shops,Restaurants,Cinemas,Bowling rings.Kings lynn is stuck in the dark ages and if people got out more they would see.
furby

Postby banjo » 27 Nov 2013, 19:11

Ive never really found any proplem with parking on the Hardwick ind est, I find everything i need up there. I suppose everyones got different needs in life, some people may need some garden accesseries from wilkinsons? Others may need a new 52" TV from Currys? Personally having 3 cars to run, i find the Hardwick retail park comes on top every time, and if i cant find a space within 20 secs walking distance of the shop i want, theres always the kids spaces, never no traffic wardens up there, so everyones a winner! P.S always found cooper and elms bit overpriced, do better deals in the electronic dept in tescos or sainsburys, plus you get your points too!! :smt061
banjo

Next

Return to Rant!