Click here for - Names that members are researching.

Interested in Genealogy or looking to trace long lost cousins in the area?

Click here for - Names that members are researching.

Postby admin » 13 Jul 2007, 00:09

Below is a list of members with the names they are researching in the local area. If you would like to be added to the list just click the reply button at the bottom of this message and post the info you would like to have listed alongside your member name. After your info has been added your post will be deleted after a day or two.

Please don't let this stop you from starting a new topic on any name at all that you may be researching or are interested in.

nanasue
Names I`m researching in & around Kings Lynn , EASTHALL / EASTALL & variants, LARGE, NEAL/E, ROCKETT, SHERIFF / SHERRIFF, THORN/E, TRUNDLE.

teddybear1959
Families in the Lynn area include: Benefer (any spellings), Bailey, Ely, Gosman, Holmes, Burrows, Bear, Weasenham.

EWW
RESEARCHING WRIGHT. BRAYBON. GARRETT. CARR. GRANGE. RUSSELL. WARDLE. SOFTLEY. RYE. SHARPIN

shell
researching - Chase Lawrence (Lawrance) Gardner (or variants) Benefer Ely
All King's Lynn area.

mitch in notts
Researching: PARFREMENT (or variants) in Kings Lynn. HALES in the Fens.

delbert
looking at Foreman, Brown, Smith, Gray. Cator, Jarvis ;-)

cat
looking for Stevens, Overton and Green families

Caz
Names I am reseaching in the Kings Lynn area are, Bouch Bunn, Avis, Allen, Shinkfield, Lenick, Tilson, Chase.

amanda
RESEARCHING: GOOD

huss1100
The families I am researching in King's Lynn are Norris, Carter, Shirley, Chilvers, Bouch, Newsham, Jempson, Ewen, Woods, and Wilkin.

GailWW
Docking, Shepherd, Wilson.

Star_kar
Researching the names SHINKFIELD, CLAXTON, TILSON, and CATON.

Jools
I am researching GANT, COE, SIMPSON, DONGER (DUNGER).

Chukkie
I'm researching the PEEK family from Pentney, in particular Hilda born c1897 or any of her brothers and sisters.

medhist
Researching these names in and around King's Lynn: Hunt, Woods, Palmer, Lee, Groom(s).

jenny
I am reseaching the Akers family....within that are Smith.

annofbuxton
I am researching Ewen King's Lynn Underwood coconut mat maker Queens Yard later East Winch.

greenman22
I am researching Tee and Potter familes King's Lynn and Potter, Turner, Belson familes Snettisham, Ingoldisthorpe, Dersingham. Plus Potter family Sedgeford.

desira37
Looking for George Bunting's [b1837] mother & siblings, his father was also George.

Lindylou
I am researching James Massingham, Butcher of 20 Tower Street, his Son Thomas R. Massingham Butcher of 30 St James's Street and any other Massinghams who lived and worked in Kings Lynn,especially Clement Massingham and family and George Jeffery his Father.

karengriffin54
I am researching the names griffin bouch bunn and isbill in the kings lynn area ,any help would be really appreciated.

Dawn
I am searching for information on Charles Albert Price married to Elizabeth Bonney Price. May have come from Sudbury, Suffolk.

mcalonan
I am researching Goodsons of Kings Lynn.Sutton Bridge and Terrington

sue1
I am researching the names Baldwin - Kings Lynn but originally Smallburgh, Anderson - Kings Lynn but originally Sporle, Swaffham

anniethenannie
I am researching family names Pitwell, Walker, Gipp, Boyle.

Kingfisher
I am researching the surname Eggett + variants from Kings Lynn / Tottenhill areas.

Cherie
I am researching BURTON, HAGON, SPENCER, GARNER. Happy hunting everyone!

Min
Researching Lynn families BALLARD, HARPER, JOHNSON, COZENS, HILDON

orinoco99
I'm researching Cann from Kings Lynn and surrounding areas.

Mermaid
I am researching the family of George Simpson Derisley POTTER in kings Lynn, also Clarke and Snelling in KL, Boggers and Wortley in Methwold

ghenty
I am researching Kings Lynn and South Lynn ancestors GENT /MASON/FREEMAN/PILMER. mostly master mariners.

butterfly
Any information please:
Dabb, Nuccoll, Fley, Howard, Fisher,Sadler,Bone, Harrowing,Gore.

rospaul
Any information on these local families is always welcome.
Bayes/Bays, Maull/Maule, Rose, Moses and George.

shaz3689
King' Lynn: Fox, Irwin, Bayes, Terelinck, Webb, Whitmore, Donnelly, Campbell-Donnelly, Myrtle, Wright, Savage, Clayton COLBY
Terrington and surrounding area: Harrison, Clayton, Watson, Copland.

spainguy
I'm looking for any information on 'Williamson' from South Lynn area and 'Buttle' and 'Greeves' from Leziate and Grimston.

mcalonan
Re Easthall,I have a Mary Jane Easthall who married Thomas Bailey/Baley in 1897 in St Nichs,Kings Lynn, marriage certificate states Thomas's father as Thomas Goodson ?? regards Vanessa.

epresley
I'm looking for any information on the name Shinkfield from Kings Lynn and area.

toby76
I am researching the following names in the Kings Lynn area
PEARMAN, RAPER, WOOD.

123staggy
researching gathercole /rodwell.

sandgroper
I,m researching, Asker family of Sedgeford. Rye families of Middleton, and Dickerson all Norfolk. Peckover of Sandringham/Shouldham.

Didee
Didee: Researching the names Robinson and Felstead. Mary & James (occup Brewer) and daughters Julia & Mary & son Charles, also James & Catherine Robinson, all of Kings Lynn, St.Margaret Parish.

Blackdubh
Looking into Portfleet - Wardell/Wardle - Ward - Canfer/Canfor - Steel - Youngman families, at present. The list seems to grow daily!

medlockons
researching the surname MEDLOCK and variants MADLOCK & MODLOCK

AncestorCliff
researching Cliff, Audlin, and Goodwin. In the vicinity of Spaulding, Gedney and Old Lyn.

surfstorm
researching Fysh / Fish to the list. So far I have origins in King's Lynn, Brancaster and Burnham Deepdale.

mvygus
researching RODWELL in the King's Lynn area

sidneylambchop
researching Stapleton, especially Nora Olive who married James Edward Bouch Carter, son of James 'Duggie' Carter - she was living in North End Yard. Thank you

Beaker
researching NORRIS mainly, back to John NORRIS 1751, also GARRETT

wiggenhall
I would like to add - WOLSEY (Woolsey) Wiggenhall St Mary the Virgin and/or St Germans. Thanks.

stuartgsd14
researching Medlock, Dack ,Webster,Bloy

simpo
I'd welcome any information on the following please: LINCOLN LYNN STOKOE WHISSON SHARMAN

mrsmather565
I'm researching Lacks and Medwells from Kings Lynn :smt006

sticky01
I am looking for, LUBBOCK, CASE, MOTT, ROUT (E),

winea
Researching WINE family of Lynn St Margarets

Emsywoo
Reed, Edgley, Brindle, Simpson, Long, Hooks, Neal Also Mawby.

GordonSetterLover
Ellis and Sidewick families are being researched in Lynn and around.

Jackrussel
Information on the Bagge family

Aks
I am researching the names rye and squirrel

marethw
I am researching Curtis family in King's Lynn back to 1700's

Robert
I would be pleased to have information about the ancestors of James Hitchcock, mariner/ pilot, and his wife, Sarah Ann Webb, married in 1832, and living in North Street. Thanks,

dhatfieldcombs
reseaching DALE, PEACOCK, GOLDSMITH. all King's Lynn in 20th C. DALES from Welborne, Norfolk.

JohnOz
Researching Webber, Palmer, Lake, Woods, Smith (mainly involved as tailors, hatters, drapers) in King's Lynn.

ShirleyB
I am researching Newton in Heacham up to 1890 and Kings Lynn from 1890, and Allen in Kings Lynn from 1890.

pspooner
am mainly researching Lynn names: SPOONER, STANNARD, WATLING, GAY, COCK, DREW, BARNES

History buff
I am looking for any info on Sidney Roland and Elizabeth Read, Paul Anthony or Peter Read, Zillah Mary Bishop or descendents of, around wartime? Both peter and Paul Anthony were born in kings Lynn, Paul Anthony and Zillah were married in kl after the war

athorp
Researching Barnard family. My Grandfather was Frederick George Barnard and the family lived at 4 Long Row Highgate. Any info very much appreciated as I never knew my Grandparents.
Anne Thorp

Tardisgirl
Does anyone know of any listers- my Nan was Peggy lister married to a George sands

Rachb82
I’m researching BROWN, GRAY ,NEWTON, BURTON, WILLIAMSON, FARROW and CHILVERS. Any help/links greatly received
Last edited by admin on 05 Jan 2010, 16:02, edited 13 times in total.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Click here for - Names that members are researching.

Postby emayc58 » 12 Jun 2022, 16:03

Hi I am researching DIXON, WINKFIELD, RYAN, WOODROW, WRiGHT, SHARPIN, CULEY (and various spellings) BECKETT, HOWLETT, WOODROW, TWAITES, JARVIS, CLARKE, SELF, GRIBBLE, ATTO, SHARP, MALLOWS, LEE mostly in King's Lynn and North Norfolk.
emayc58

Re: Click here for - Names that members are researching.

Postby trumpetman » 01 Aug 2022, 09:08

Hello - first post here
I am researching my family who have strong King's Lynn connections.
Surnames - Ashton / Thurston / Galley / Dawson

Any information would be appreciated

I have posted a thread with more details as well.

Thanks - yes I'm a trumpet player (and a retired teacher!)
trumpetman

Return to FAMILY HISTORY in the local area