All Saint's School

Add your school - share your school memories, contact your old school friends here, also posts on current school events are welcome.

Re: All Saint's School

Postby jasper » 19 Oct 2010, 16:37

Finally remembered to get the photo from round my mothers taken in All Saints, I have no idea what the date was but my mother <Tilson> is in the pictures far back lefthand side.

jasper

Postby EWW » 19 Oct 2010, 17:03

Nice picture Jasper. It looks as if three of them at least went to the same shop to buy their shoes :)
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby jasper » 19 Oct 2010, 17:24

I'll try and get a rough date for it EWW next time I'm round. there's a box there full of old photo's they want me to sort through, If there is any of any interest around Lynn I'll get them up.....
jasper

Postby EWW » 19 Oct 2010, 17:28

Fantastic. Are there any of Tony when he was young :twisted:
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby jasper » 19 Oct 2010, 19:05

I'll take a look next time EWW. He'll probably ding me round the lug next time I see him :lol:.....

I know the one you took of him with the pipe in his mouth takes pride of place in my mothers wall unit :D...
jasper

Postby cookiesue » 03 Sep 2011, 00:05

I attended All Saint's Upstairs girls school from 1962 until 1964.....nobody's mentioned Miss Baldry yet. She taught year 5, Miss Ward taught Year 6, Miss Greenfield taught year 4 and Miss Bonham taught year 3.
When the 11-plus was imminent my mother asked if we were having extra lessons to help us pass, as the children were having at St James. The reply was "We cater for the lower class of children here!!!!" Luckily I passed! :D
cookiesue

Postby thaberland » 03 Sep 2011, 15:17

:D Hi, I had all the same teachers in the 40s except Mrs Baldry she must have came after I went on to Gaywood park, I went by the old school in June It is flats now I think. :D :D
thaberland

All Saints Infants School

Postby norfolkboy » 25 Feb 2012, 17:21

Anyone remember anything about All Saints Infants School in King's Lynn, (used to be near where Whitefriars now is?).
norfolkboy

Postby EWW » 25 Feb 2012, 17:29

I have moved your query into the All Saints thread Norfolkboy.
EWW

All Saints Boys School

Postby barbarossa » 11 Jan 2013, 17:39

I haven’t seen any photographs on the Forum of All Saints Boys School. This one may be of interest. Taken on Empire Day either 1937 or 1938. The Master on the left is Mr. Manning, later to go to Gaywood Park School. Do not remember the name of the younger one to the right. Most of the elder boys right at the back will have past on by now, being well into their eighties. Most of the boys came from the South Lynn area of course.
Barbarossa

barbarossa

Re: All Saints Boys School

Postby barbarossa » 17 Jan 2013, 16:08

“This photo is from the 21st July 1938. The occasion was a gymnastic display by all the schools in King’s Lynn held on the Walks football ground. All schools individually trained for several weeks, not meeting as a group until this day. How we all managed to keep in sequence on the day amazed us all. This photo was taken before we started and those at the front are boys and girls from All Saints School.”

barbarossa

Postby ShirleyB » 15 Aug 2017, 22:04

My Grandfather's sister attended All Saints School. Records on Findmypast show she was admitted in July 1876. She would have been 7 years old then so I guess that this was the girl's school rather than the infants. The annotated map on this thread of the forum is brilliant. It has enabled me to locate the school and put real detail into my family history. The photo taken in the classroom is a much later date but it gives a lovely view of what the school was like. Thank you very much for all this information. Alberta married Francis Solomon Thomas Allen. I see there is a pupil by the name of Allen in one of the class lists on this thread. If anyone out there is researching the Allen family I have information I can share.
ShirleyB

Postby stubbsy » 01 Sep 2017, 21:11

Regarding All Saints School, attaching a photo taken late 1920's, my mother was in there somewhere, she thinks it may have been Empire Day.She remembers one teacher named Polly Creamer, who reputedly smacked her younger brother across the knuckles with a ruler!
Stubbsy :smt008

stubbsy

Postby EWW » 02 Sep 2017, 09:51

The building in your picture stubbsy is the same building in the Old Tec thread. There was some doubt as to
wether it was the Tec building or not. With your provinance that your mother is in the picture and she says
it is All Saints you may have solved the puzzle. :D
EWW

Postby Tresagreen » 22 Jan 2018, 21:50

Hi folks, my mum went to All Saints school in the 20s, her house was next door to the school on the right and to the left of it was a pub, now long gone. The house is still there and has been turned into flats. Someone mentioned Polly Creamer, when I went to Gaywood Park School in the 50s she was there as science teacher, she was then Mrs Catton, a bit scary, but like lots of others, very kind underneath. Along the Street from the school, the shop was called Dell'ys. It was like the old corner shops and sold most things. 'Delly' had a son called Maurice, who was a friend of my uncle. At the top of the street was another shop called Coes. Mrs Coe was a tyrant! I spent many an hour at the end of my nan's yard, gazinginto All Saints School, the winding staircase going down to the basement always intrigued me. (I was a strange child) Happy happy memories.
Tresagreen

PreviousNext

Return to School