All Saint's School

Add your school - share your school memories, contact your old school friends here, also posts on current school events are welcome.

Postby thaberland » 17 Dec 2007, 01:41

Hi was there a Mrs Greenfeild and Mrs Ward seems like what I remember them :roll:
thaberland

Postby thaberland » 17 Dec 2007, 02:19

I have been thinking wasn't Mrs Sucker the headmistress :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
thaberland

ALL SAINTS SCHOOLw

Postby roger » 17 Dec 2007, 08:13

WELL DONE TABS THATS A GREAT HELP.
THE SHOP SOLD GROCERIES AND SWEETS IT WAS ALSO A MEETING PLACE FOR THE MOTHERS. ROGER.
Be up when they lay
roger

ALL SAINTS SCHOOL

Postby roger » 18 Dec 2007, 09:37

THE SHOP WAS KNOWN AS DELLY FORDHAMS HER SON STILL LIVES THERE.
Be up when they lay
roger

Re: All Saint's School

Postby nanasue » 19 Dec 2008, 23:18

I went to St Micheals Infants then on to All Saints Girls, when I was at All Saints the headmistress was Miss Bonham, Teachers were Miss Greenfield and Miss Ward, Miss Ward went on to teach at Gaywood Park. I remember a couple of younger ladies coming to teach at different times but I can`t remember their names. As far as I can remember there were three classrooms and a smaller room which housed the schools TV. We entered the School via the front entrance and I think this was where the cloakrooms were and also the entrance to the School hall, the school hall was where we had our dinners, my favorite meal was beef stew with mashed potato,there was always some left so we had second helpings, Mmm! We also did P.E. lessons in the Hall though thinking about that it was probably when the weather was bad.
To get to the classrooms you went up the stairs from the cloakrooms (I think!), the office was at the top of the stairs, turning left you were in the largest of the classrooms, walking in a straight line from the door, there was a door on the left to the TV room this part of the building stuck out into the Infant school playground, I think it must be the small piece sticking out on the map. Still on the left was the big old stove, If our coats got really wet we were allowed to hang them to dry over the fire guard, after the stove was a window looking down into the infants playground then Miss Wards desk, she sat with her back to the wall and the girls desks faced hers across the room. Keeping the infants playground on your left and walking straight on was Miss Greenfields room, this room was actually the other half of Miss wards room but divided into two by a floor to ceiling partition, made of wood panels with glass windows from waist height upwards, it folded back like a concertina and slid in a metal groove. I don`t remember much about this room except that you had to step down into it from Miss Wards room. Turning right and keeping the partition on your right, facing you straight ahead was the door to Miss Bonhams classroom, (this part of the building sticks out into the girls playground on the map) on entering the room you were in the front right corner of the room I think her desk was to the left of the door facing out into the room, standing in this corner of the room immediately on your right was the door to the girls playground, through the door you were outside, turn left and down the stairs into the playground. Straight across the playground was the toilets, to the left was the wall with the entrance to Friar Street somewhere to the right and back towards the school was the entrance to the cloakrooms and, I think, the wash basins. We were told our school hall was special because it was one of only two buildings in Kings Lynn that were faced in flint stones, does anyone know which the other one is? This is as I remember it but it IS about 37 years since I left so there may be some small mis-remembrances. Oh, and just before we left to go on to Gaywood Park (or High School if you passed the 11 plus) we got to carry some of the schools equipment out through the back gate and into the newly built Whitefriars school. Oh happy days!!
It would be great to hear what other ex pupils remember.
Sue
nanasue

Postby thaberland » 20 Dec 2008, 03:16

:smt006
WOW I had forgot a lot of that, I only remember starting on the lower floor you went right out to the playground, next being in Mrs Grennfields class it seems like she had stairs to get out to the playground, the next memory is being in Mrs Ward class Its funny the most I remember is we had knitting lessons we made sweaters for the old folks and orphans, it has been almost 60 years ago but reading your message it bought back a lot of little things, THANKS for the memories, Its funny but for some reason I remember where Mrs Greenfeeld lived it was by the southgates dont remember the name of the street it was down by the old bus station we use to go carol singing there she would give us a few pennys, Do they still carol sing there? thats how we made our money to buy our presants we went all over town had SO much fun. :D
thaberland

All Saints.

Postby thaberland » 09 Jul 2009, 22:26

I can't remember if i have put this on before, it is a school outing 1945 some one might remember. :D

thaberland

Re: All Saints.

Postby thaberland » 09 Jul 2009, 22:30

Here is another one a school play :D

thaberland

Re: All Saints.

Postby thaberland » 28 Sep 2009, 22:41

:D Here is a picture I took last week it is part of the school I remember climbing those stairs to Mrs Greenfield's room :D

thaberland

All Saints 1948

Postby thaberland » 01 Apr 2010, 23:18

I think that was the year I am not in it, it is a play
Eleen Jordon who lives in Lynn sent it too me,
back left to right Pat Adamson,Anna Goat,Wendy Smith,Jill Hall,Wendy Roberts, Maureen Smiley, Anne Senter,?, ?,Daphne Childerhouse,
Front L to R Doreen Stacey, Pat Wilkerson,Barbra Gurney,Irene Lambert, Rosemary Ward,Audry Griffiths, Kathleen English,Pat Haynes,
It was my glass I dont remember it, hopefully some will.

thaberland

Postby shaz3689 » 12 Apr 2010, 11:21

On Friday July 12th 1946 there was an Educational school journey to Cromer via the coast and Norwich. The teaching staff and pupils that went on the trip were as follows:-

Miss E.E. Sucker - Headmistress
Mrs F. Bonham
Miss J. E. Flatman
Miss M. Greenfield
Miss L. Lee
Mrs E. Scale

Pupils
Class I
June Allen
Audrey Barrett
Heather Brock
Jean Brown
Margaret Burt
Olive Cobbold
Margaret Craske
Pamela Dungay
Barbara Farrow
Valerie Fisher
Wendy Fitheridge
Joan Fysh
Margaret Judd
Joyce Manning
Maureen Nurse
Margaret Raspberry
Joan Reader
Edna Ridgwell
Daphne Robinson
Pearl Russell
Joan Seaking
Ann Scott
Muriel Sheldrick
Eileen Simpson
Dorothy Simpole
Shirley Sweatman
Diana Taylor
Eileen Walker
Sheila Watson

Class II
Brenda Bird
Freda Britton
Audrey Bunting
Maureen Caley
Grace Carter
Sheila Crake
Dorothy Dixon
Betty Drew
Eileen Gamble
Jean Hall
Catherine Hind
Shirley Hitchcoco
Janet Hudson
June Nuccoll
June Pieraccini
June Plumb
June Reader
Stella Rose
Margaret Russell
Doreen Rust
Wendy Simpson
Shirley Stevenson
Florence Swann
Edna Terrey
Mary Turner
Beryl Wagg
Jean Whitmore
Eileen Wilkerson
Doreen Wright
Josephine Youngs

Class III
Anna Arrowsmith
Doreen Barrett
Daphne Bryan
Edna King
Beryl Ramm
Mary Ridgewell
June Simpson
Wendy Smith

"My dear girls,
The day to which you have so eagerly been looking forward is quickly approaching and I know you are getting excited, for, owing to the six years of War, this will be, for all of you, your first educational school journey".
Every day of your life is a page of your history...
shaz3689

Postby thaberland » 13 Apr 2010, 00:28

:D seems like I remember that trip but name wasnt on there :roll:
thaberland

All Saints Church School

Postby jasper » 31 Jul 2010, 10:46

My mother and the rest of her sisters and brothers attended the school above in the mid to late 1930. she can't be 100% sure but thinks she left around 1938-39, I think it was in either North/South Everard street?....

If anyone has any old pictures or information on the school It would be much apreciated? she has a couple of old photo's taken in the classroom of the old school which I'll borrow off her next time I'm in Lynn to put on the forum....

Jasper
jasper

Postby EWW » 31 Jul 2010, 10:52

As you can see Jasper I have moved your post into the All Saints thread.
Scroll up and you will see some info.
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby jasper » 31 Jul 2010, 11:13

Cheers for that EWW. Next time I'm visiting I'll borrow my mothers pictures and get them scanned to stick on the forum....

she thinks she left around 1938 a year or so after moving into QMR.......

Jasper
jasper

PreviousNext

Return to School