Gaywood Park Girls c1953.

Add your school - share your school memories, contact your old school friends here, also posts on current school events are welcome.

Re: GAYWOOD PARK GIRLS SCHOOL

Postby Dawn » 07 Dec 2011, 23:30

Thanks to you Val for posting my pics. Dumb I am! lol I can't remember many of my class mates anymore, maybe someone will recognise them.
Dawn

GAYWOOD PARK SCHOOL

Postby Norfolkdumplin » 06 Jan 2012, 14:32

Hi there

I'm new to this site - but I've been having such an interesting time reading the subjects posted.

My name is Hazel (Bellot was my surname at the time) and I'm trying to locate anyone who remembers me - I was the only Black girl in the school at the time, so it shoudn't be hard to forget me.

I remember Mr Sheman - he encouraged me to take up Cross Country, which I did. And I also remember Mrs Fidicks too.

Does anyone remember me? Did you attend Gaywood School from 1970 - May 76?

Would love to hear from you.

Regards

Hazel
Norfolkdumplin

GAYWOOD PARK SCHOOL

Postby maureen.dunnett » 27 Apr 2012, 17:50

Gaywood Park School was opened around 1942 I believe. I attended All Saints School and do not remember taking the 11+ exam b. ut anyway I had to go to Gaywood Park in the September. I absolutely loved it. The building was new and very light after the old buildings of All Saints School. I believe a Miss Sherman was Head Mistress . Unfortunately I was involved in an accident and had to have time off, eventually when I did recover my Mother took me along to King's Lynn High School where I had to sit in a dark Library and do some sort of test to be accepted as a paying pupil there. I started at the high School in the Spring Term so was already at a disadvantage and really struggled. I found the Teachers were very unsympathetic, but did my best. I always feel that I would have been better staying at Gaywood Park the atmosphere was so much more relaxed and the Teachers more approachable.
maureen.dunnett

Postby PER » 29 Apr 2012, 15:00

Norfolkdumplin - Hazel
I've sent you a PM but never done it before so if you don't get it let me know :D
P
PER

Postby Jools » 30 Apr 2012, 22:00

Jools wrote:
Jools wrote:Hi

Does anyone have any pics of around circa 1943/46 as my mum went to the school about that time. Her name was Pearl Gant and I would love to get a photo for her.

Thanks

Just bumping this one. Mum is 80 next April and would love to get some school pics of her if possible.

Just bumping this one again in the hope that someone might have some pics of this era. Thanks
Jools

Re:

Postby di-marie » 11 Aug 2012, 07:31

thaberland wrote:I JUST FOUND THIS PICTURE NOT SURE MIGHT HAVE ALREADY POSTED IT :roll:

THIS PICTURE IS MY CLASS I WASN'T THERE I WAS HOME TAKING CARE OF MY BABY SISTER MY MUM WAS SICK,
IF YOU CLICK ON THE PICTURE IT BRINGS IT IN CLEAR. :lol: :lol:

Second row 4th from right is Maureen Daws, I didn't go to G.Park but know many on the photos me being a Gaywood girl. Maureen is a friend of mine and I see her once a month. Just last week we were talking and I mentioned that Valerie Webb comes to KL often and she wishes to be remembered to you.
di-marie

Postby thaberland » 11 Aug 2012, 15:03

:D That is cool Maybe we can have a cuppa tea together somewhere and exchange old memories. I come home in Sept :D :D
thaberland

Postby di-marie » 11 Aug 2012, 16:41

thaberland wrote::D That is cool Maybe we can have a cuppa tea together somewhere and exchange old memories. I come home in Sept :D :D

Actually you have met me.I can't say wether it was 2004 or 2003 but you came to my mums ( Nina ) and met my sister Nina there.. We sat in her lovely garden, Tony and your sister were there also. Nina lives in Delaware.
di-marie

Re:

Postby di-marie » 12 Aug 2012, 09:09

littleoldboy wrote:Thabs,
saw this photo in Tuesday's Lynn News ( I get it a bit late)

It says St James and Gaywood Park Old Girls. Wondered if you knew any of them?

Little Old Boy

Eileen -Depear. Olwyn- Shepherd or Sheppard. Lorna- Holmes. Other names to follow when I see ladies at the next OGA meeting.
di-marie

Postby thaberland » 12 Aug 2012, 16:33

:D The names are familar but dont remeber them, It was SO long ago, It was 2003 I remeber Nina we use to keep in touch, It was a lovely garden at the top of Hulton Ave :D :D
thaberland

Re: Re:

Postby di-marie » 18 Sep 2012, 20:06

di-marie wrote:
littleoldboy wrote:Thabs,
saw this photo in Tuesday's Lynn News ( I get it a bit late)

It says St James and Gaywood Park Old Girls. Wondered if you knew any of them?

Little Old Boy

Eileen -Depear. Olwyn- Shepherd or Sheppard. Lorna- Holmes. Other names to follow when I see ladies at the next OGA meeting.

Joan Pratt was Gibson, Elizabeth (Betty)Manning was Stafford.
di-marie

Postby carole3245 » 18 Jan 2013, 11:00

Hi.
I have been reading the posts for Gaywood Park School and I am very interested in any pictures of the early 1950's. My mum Ann Blyth and her cousin Jackie attended the school then. She is in her mid 70's now living in Australia and she has given me her memoirs to type up for her. I read that Dawn knew the Blyth's and wondered if anyone else might know the family. Thanks for any information.
Carole
carole3245

Postby thaberland » 18 Jan 2013, 23:36

:D Hi Ann Blyth was in my class I think she is in some of the pictures on here under gaywwod park school, Ask her if she remebers Valerie Webb I know she will, :D :D :D
thaberland

Postby Jools » 08 Apr 2013, 11:14

Jools wrote:
Jools wrote:
Jools wrote:Hi

Does anyone have any pics of around circa 1943/46 as my mum went to the school about that time. Her name was Pearl Gant and I would love to get a photo for her.

Thanks

Just bumping this one. Mum is 80 next April and would love to get some school pics of her if possible.

Just bumping this one again in the hope that someone might have some pics of this era. Thanks

Bumping again
Jools

Postby Daz66 » 09 Jul 2013, 09:57

apollonine wrote:Hello Wendy.. If you're the Wendy Hall I remember,my Mum "Hazel Sayer" was very friendly with your Mum when we were kids and you lived in Bishops Road I think your sisters name was Pat. I've attached a school photo that you are in if you are that Wendy :)

I believe that the girl on the back row to the far right is my mother!!

She is listed as Jenny Aucker and I would like to know some more about her.

I know she lived in Bagge Road, where I was born in 1966, and had two sisters named Anne and Mary.

She has now passed away unfortunately but I am trying to start some research into my family tree and any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Darren
Daz66

PreviousNext

Return to School