Howard junior school

Add your school - share your school memories, contact your old school friends here, also posts on current school events are welcome.

Re: Howard junior school

Postby EWW » 16 Apr 2009, 16:11

Yep, know who you mean now Emmo :smt023
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby di-marie » 09 Aug 2012, 10:14

trevanne wrote:Yes thats me,so i must know you if you prefer to keep it under your hat i think you can send private message.Still a bit green myself.I did'nt know Peter had a brother,but he did live in Hulton rd.By the way i saw "Litty" at a car boot sale last september.Remember Sheila edge i spoke to her in town recently,she lost her husband (Alan Grange) a while back, I think Hayden was the right name although there was a Linda Holden as well

Yes, Peter has a brother, Paul, he lives in gaywood and is marriedtoJoan, they have a son and a daughter. Paul is older than Peter. I saw Peter a few years ago at a Roseberry Ave reunion. I am best friends of his younger sister, they lived next door to me in Hulton Rd.Sheila is another friend and is my cousin 4 times removed via the Edge family.

Here's an afterthought. Joan,married to Paul was Larner and is on photo in Gaywood school thread.
di-marie

Postby delbert » 26 Oct 2012, 10:51

i see we have a new member HowardJuniorSch welcome to ya ..is that the school or a username ??
"go placidly amid the noise and haste"
delbert

Postby PilgrimPhil » 28 Mar 2020, 13:39

From the initial photo -
Ian Robinson was my eldest brother!
Sadly he died in 1997 aged 52.
He had lived in Jamaica since 1970 and had a wife & two sons.

We lived at 19 Hall View Road - where I was born in 1955.

I also went to Howard Junior & Primary before that.

PilgrimPhil

trevanne wrote:Hi everyone just joined today 9/2/09 with a photo of the Howard junior school play The Pied Piper about 1956 Im the baker anyone out there on the photo? Trevanne :lol:

PilgrimPhil

Postby PilgrimPhil » 13 Apr 2020, 14:15

I was at Howard Junior school in the early 1960’s and left in the June 1966. Owen Jones was the headmaster at that time.

I am trying to remember my fellow pupils and have come up with these – in no specific order!

Richard or Frank Juby
Peter Fysh
Dickie Daisley
Nigel Haverson?
Neville Tilson?
Michael Burton
Alan Pease
Freddie Grover
Steven Maguire
Peter Dawson
Michael Baldock
Nicky Acourt?

Yvonne Badrock
??? Feltwell
Denise??

I wonder how many of the above are still known to Forum members?

I have had contact Peter Dawson, Michael Burton & Michael Baldock over the past few years.

I have some photos of an outing to Great Witchingham wildlife park & then onto Strangers Hall in Norwich. This must have been 1966 I think. The photos are in “lockdown” at the moment as they are with my brother in Massingham!

I lived [& was born] at 19 Hall View Road [we backed onto Gaywood Hall] but we moved to Wootton Road in 1961.
Mum & Dad had an allotment where the Gayton Road cemetery is now.
I am in process of editing my fathers memoirs and it includes bits about Hall View Road & the surrounding area.

Philip Robinson
Fair Green
PilgrimPhil

Postby EWW » 13 Apr 2020, 18:09

Few names I know on there Pilgrim. Not sure if that should be Fretwell and not Feltwell. Three Fretwells went there. Twin boys Raymond and Stephen
and their sister Susan.Badrocks lived in Bagge road as did the Juby's. I think one or more of the Juby's are members on here. If you search JUBY you
will see some stuff about them.
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby PilgrimPhil » 14 Apr 2020, 15:12

You are right Ev - it was Fretwell. Susan does "ring a bell".
PilgrimPhil

Postby EWW » 14 Apr 2020, 16:40

Her twin brothers both went on to the Grammar School. I worked with their father Ray (Jock) Fretwell for years
and we ran the King's Lynn Country Music club together. He was a good drinking partner of mine...but sadly, no
longer with us.
EWW

Previous

Return to School