Trues Yard

Interested in the history of the area or sharing memories or old photos from the local area? Post here.

Trues Yard

Postby Jester » 29 Oct 2021, 22:30

Anyone watching "Help My House is Haunted" from Trues Yard on Really now?
Jester

Re: Trues Yard

Postby Zoolandia » 02 Nov 2021, 23:38

The number of ghosts is plain ridiculous in such a small establishment. Knowing how ghost groups work, the psychics wander around, proclaiming ghosts in every nook and cranny. There is never any attempt to prove or disprove what the psychics say; their word is simply accepted without question. I know of many other establishments who would use their claimed spectral population to try and entice gullible ghost groups in - all the time with the unscrupulous proprietors dreaming of the profit these groups generate (£30 per head is about the average price). True's Yard doesn't fall into this category. Their ghostly population, which is much less than 37 I'd wager, is a side-line of their main business and they don't over publicise their ghosts - and at least any money generated goes towards a good cause rather than into someone's back pocket.

Incidentally, other places with a high ghostly population include Schooner Hotel, Northumberland – 60; The Three Tuns, Bungay – 20; Woodchester Mansion and area, Gloucestershire – 16; Lit and Phil Library, Newcastle Upon Tyne – 16; Ham House, Richmond – 15; Plas Teg, Flintshire - 15; The Black Lion, Hereford – 14; The Hanley Register Office – 10; The Golden Fleece, York - 8
Zoolandia

Postby Jester » 03 Nov 2021, 19:31

Myself I'm rather sceptical when it comes to Ghosts (Even though I've seen something odd in the past), but it was nice to see Lynn an hear some local history. Can't wait to see "The Great British Dig" Which took place in North Lynn this year hit the TV.
Jester

Postby EWW » 03 Nov 2021, 20:43

Same here re ghosts Jester..but each to there own. Is there a date fot the Big Dig prog yet?
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby Tresagreen » 04 Nov 2021, 11:37

A little bit of info.

Tresagreen

Postby Zoolandia » 04 Nov 2021, 16:14

I'm sceptical when it comes to the paranormal too but it must be remembered that in paranormal circles there seem to be two, unofficial definitions which are differentiated by the slight differences in the UK and US spellings:

Sceptical - an attitude that is not immediately accepting of claims but is open-minded and willing to be swayed by evidence.

Skeptical - blanket, immediate militant dismissal of anything outside the mindset.

I like to think I fall into the first category.
Zoolandia

Return to LYNN AREA HISTORY