K/L HUNSTANTON WELLS FAKENHAM RAILWAY CLOSED 37 YEARS AGO

Interested in the history of the area or sharing memories or old photos from the local area? Post here.

Re: K/L HUNSTANTON WELLS FAKENHAM RAILWAY CLOSED 37 YEARS A

Postby SimonL » 24 Jul 2020, 20:07

EWW wrote:Hello Simon. We have lots of pictures sent to us over the years from members and we do not know the original source of them.
If you could tell us the exact ones we would be only too glad to give you recognition and insert it into the post.

Hi.
they are the two of Hunstanton one looking towards the carriage sidings and the other of the signal box posted by you on 3rd November 2012 at 11:52 . and the one of The West Norfolk Hotel posted by you on 2nd November 2012 at 10:12. They were copied from my my Flickr page simonslittlelocos. I don't mind my pictures being shared just that it is only good practice to credit where they came from.
SimonL

Postby EWW » 24 Jul 2020, 20:15

Hello Simon. I will look them up and give you a credit. They were sent to me a long while ago by who I do not remember.
I would not even know how to get onto Flickr :D Now If we have stuff sent to us we have the fascility to post the pictures
under the senders name..we could not do that on old editions of the forum.
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby incony » 28 Jul 2020, 16:51

EWW wrote:Hello Simon. I will look them up and give you a credit. They were sent to me a long while ago by who I do not remember.
I would not even know how to get onto Flickr :D Now If we have stuff sent to us we have the facility to post the pictures
under the senders name..we could not do that on old editions of the forum.

Simont in respect, i suggest if you require a credit and acknowledgement, you put your name on the images you share, that you have taken, so it becomes part of the image from the time you share it.. ? then if you see your pictures without your name on them, i think you have a point to make, else no one can know what the status of the image is, and even though they share it in good faith and without bias or exclusion, its not their fault or reason for you to condemn lack of acknowledgement.. ? I share many of my own images, without my name on them, and free to use by anyone on a non profit basis, because when i am dead and gone, i want future generations to be able to see them and share them - not hidden away on a dead pc hard drive, or dead website when i am gone, If you dont want folks to use your images, my advice is do not put them on the web... and if you want recognition, make that clear on the images you do. ? Some time ago, i found some rare images of Hunstanton Station, on a site in New Zealand... i found the owner to ask if i could share, and he had no problem with that, he didnt even want recognition, but i took the time to put his name on all the images, before i posted them... its not hard to do... and you could do it to yours. Even Microsoft Paint can do it... its not new technology.
incony

Previous

Return to LYNN AREA HISTORY