King's Lynn F.C

Talk all sports.

King's Lynn F.C

Postby JimfromLynn » 25 Nov 2009, 21:33

King's Lynn F.C were today wound up in the High Court due to an unpaid tax bill of somewhere in the region of £65,000.So short of some kind of miracle 130 years of history comes to an end.
JimfromLynn

Re: King's Lynn F.C

Postby bryemycaz » 26 Nov 2009, 08:58

I suppose the Ground will now be sold to pay off the debt, Bye Bye Walks stadium more houses I suppose to be built there.
bryemycaz

Postby EWW » 26 Nov 2009, 09:19

Do KLFC own the ground? I thought they leased it off of the council.
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby Mivalanchi » 26 Nov 2009, 09:59

The ground is owned by the Borough Council and leased to the club at a peppercorn rent, and the Council funded the refurbishment of the stand a couple of years ago.
On Radio Norfolk this morning the Chief Ececutive of the Council stated that it would not be right to use tax-payers money to assist a business (Limited Company) Also the KL Supporters trust will be calling a meeting once the seven day court appeal period has elapsed.
Mivalanchi

Postby Alastair » 26 Nov 2009, 10:12

It's a major advantage that the club don't own the ground, otherwise they'd be forced to sell it to pay off the debts.

At least with the ground owned by the Council there's the opportunity for King's Lynn Football Club to pass into history to make way for Athlectico Lynn Regis..
I choose to share some of my images with this forum, but please respect my wishes. View them where I display them and don't download, copy, print or use them to create other works without my written permission. I can provide prints if requested.
Alastair

Postby dogdish » 28 Nov 2009, 19:17

If any of you are interested please join the Blue And Gold Trust.This way there is a future for KLFC one way or another.

Fingers crossed we won't have to reform,but if they do,please stand by your towns team.

:smt006
dogdish

Postby bryemycaz » 15 Jan 2010, 10:24

Well after the old team crashed around our ears. I see we now have a new club run by Buster Chapman who also runs the speedway. Though from looking at the Linnets forum He dosent seem a popular choice.
bryemycaz

Postby littleoldboy » 05 Jan 2020, 11:26

Thought I would resurrect this thread which was laden with doom at that time.
I regularly watched KL FC in the early sixties as a young boy, and the dream was that one day we might make it to the Football League. In those days there was no automatic promotion or relegation, so it was an unfulfilled dream. We were in the Sothern League. Part time players. No substitutes - if you were injured you were put out on the wing. I remember going to the first floodlit evening match.
Then as this thread shows it has been a long downward spiral since.
I still look for the results, and, with some caution, I note that we are at last doing well. Somehow escaped from the 7th tier, and are now top of the 6th (national League North) with the possibility of getting into the National League just one step away from my boyhood dream. Attendance of around 1500 so that is back up too.
Come on the Linnets!
Little Old Supporter
littleoldboy

Postby EWW » 05 Jan 2020, 12:04

My father first took me to see the Linnets in the early fifties. Always stood at the seven sisters end of the ground. Just before halftime
he would disappear into the bar. There are pictures on here of him playing for the GPO at the start of the 20th century and was a keen
player. I soon realised he was only there for the beer as the saying goes. My son in law and his two sons have all played for Lynn but I do
not go anymore. The last time I went the moronic element of the crowd were chanting obscenities non stop. There was fighting among
the crowd to top it off. I was with some of my younger grandchildren at the time. I vowed then it would be my last visit, and it was.

But like you LOB I still look out for the results.
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby Holcombe » 23 Jan 2020, 23:50

Back in time - as a 6 years old I was with my mother and two aunts in the centre of the stand for the Culey Cup Final between KLFC and Spurs on 01.05.1956 at The Walks. Been there off and on over the years.

Holcombe

Postby Holcombe » 23 Jan 2020, 23:54

My grandfather, Percy Crake, six from the right at the back of the group in front of the newly completed KLFC Stand with seating on the Broad Walk side of the ground.

Holcombe

Postby littleoldboy » 20 Jun 2020, 14:54

Well the linnets are now officially promoted to the National league. Well done in a strange way.
Not so good for Norwich yesterday. My nearest team now is Bournemouth, live on BBC1 tonight, lets hope it is not the last we see of them!
Little Old Boy
littleoldboy

Return to Sport.