Sunday night in Hunstantons KIT KAT

Local live bands, dance outfits, gigs you saw? Blow your trumpet here.

Re: Sunday night in Hunstantons KIT KAT

Postby EWW » 12 Jul 2021, 11:13

If I run into him again I will as his name Boston as he runs an Engineering works in Sutton Bridge. Did Sean have a brother as Sean has left
Sutton bridge and is running a jazz club in Norwich. Well if you google him thats what it says. It says he sold his £7 million property portfolio
after he was very ill and moved on.
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby 8 boston square » 12 Jul 2021, 11:21

8 boston square

Postby 8 boston square » 13 Jul 2021, 03:00

The above post of Steve Reynolds playing an instrumental version of Del Shannon's "Runaway" was a favourite of EWW and one of mine as well, not often you get an instrumental version of this track but a great reminder of the early 1960's for me, in particular hot sunny days in Stockdale's cafe in Le Strange Terrace, opposite the entrance to the Sandringham with my bike being propped up on the pavement by the pedal, a Raleigh "Trent Tourist" 4 speed, dynamo and speedo!
8 boston square

Postby 8 boston square » 17 Jul 2021, 06:23

8 boston square

Postby 8 boston square » 18 Jul 2021, 05:57

That small clip above was from the 1962 film "Play it Cool", a small budget film cashing in on the "Twist dancing" craze of the time and featuring Billy Fury, Shane Fenton and the Fentones, Helen Shapiro and Bobby Vee with a few faces that seemed to turn up in just about every film made in the UK at the time, it was filmed mainly at Pinewood, not much location shots as the budget might be described as tight. Black and white film - colour costs too much - but somehow black and white seems right for the time.
Remember the twist, I do I thought this would never end, fashions come and go though so watch and soak it up, a great number from Shane and the boys as well just right for 1962 times, like the guitar solo as well, they were a really good band, top musicians who had learnt their trade from playing in "Big Bands" at the time.
So now can you wait until Wednesday for my second installment of the sounds that remind me of the early 60's? The builders have just turned up!
8 boston square

Postby 8 boston square » 21 Jul 2021, 05:14

Today I reveal the 2nd part of the sounds from the early part of the 1960's that particularly remind me of those times, 1/1/1963 to 31/12/1965 so without further ado and again in no particular order here they come, do any of these transport you back to a place, a time, a person or an event?
Brian Poole and the Tremolos, "Do you Love me?". "Candyman", Cliff Richard "Summer Holiday", The Searchers, "Sweets for my Sweet", "Saturday Night out.", Jet Harris and Tony Meehan "Diamonds", The Shadows "Dance On", The Beatles "Pleas Please Me", "You can't do that", "I saw her standing there", Freddie and the Dreamers "I'm Telling you now", Bobby Vee "The night has 1000 eyes", Heinz Burt "Just like Eddie", The Four Seasons, "Rag Doll", The Beach Boys, "Fun, Fun, Fun", "I get around", "Help me Rhonda", The Applejacks "Tell me when", The Surfaris "Wipeout", Del Shannon "Little Town Flirt". "Searchin'", Dave Clark Five "Glad all over", "Bits and Pieces", Herman Hermits "She a must to avoid", Dionne Warwick "Walk on by", Rolling Stones "Satisfaction", The Kinks "Tired of Waiting", The Hollies "Her I go again", "We're Through", Jan and Dean, "Surf City", Andy Williams "Can't get used to losing you", The Fortunes "You've got your troubles", Petula Clark "Downtown", Sergi Mendez and brasil '66 "Girl from Ipanema", The Honeycombs "Have I the right", The McCoys "Hang on Sloopy", Terry Stafford "Suspicion", and to finish up with Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme with :I just want to stay here and Love you".
Bring any memories back for anyone? I am sure I think of lots more no doubt as soon as I submit this, some of the tracks we would have heard on a Sunday Night at the Kit Kat but music is just one layer of our tapestry of life that one layer divides into many many more and I would have it any other way, it all travels with me through life and puts a smile on my face.
8 boston square

Postby Tresagreen » 21 Jul 2021, 08:25

Not the 60s, but the one that played constantly on the fun fair at Hunny, Tab Hunter - Young Love.
Tresagreen

Postby 8 boston square » 22 Jul 2021, 04:25

I think Tab Hunter was in "Summer Place" and I too remember that track around the fairgrounds, The pop music played at fairgrounds just gave them that special attraction and they seemed to play all the right stuff to me, my favourite for fairgrounds was the Everly Brothers "Cathey's Clown" but there were so many and the Beatles always went down well, the music dragged you towards where the action was, in Lynn I used to park in the old cattle market and walk to the Tuesday Market place, the music getting louder as I went down Norfolk Street and right at the High Street, could not get there fast enough! My last visit to the Mart was I think 2010 and it was as usual a nice bright sunny day but very cold but a lunch time so no music as my train back to Kings Cross left at 1454.
Not sure that the music they would have played in 2010 would have registered anyway and they would not be playing the Everly Brothers I think so maybe I was there at the right, lunch time.
I remember the last music I heard at a fairground, in St Helier, Jersey, used to get the Catamaran over from Weymouth and gave me a long day on the island, arrived at 1030 and left at 1830. The reason for the fairground was "The Battle of the Flowers." and the main event is the last event, but the rides must have come from the UK or maybe France but a big fair and as I walked through, got a big dose of ABBA so that went down well, songs well suited to the fairground and as usual when I went over lovely weather, had some great times on Jersey, Guernsey and Herm.
8 boston square

Previous

Return to Local Music Scene.