Snettisham Lawn Bowls ; New Members Req'd

Post here news and information about local events - Pub, Club, Society, Competitions, Exhibitions, etc. From around the local King's Lynn, Hunstanton, Wisbech, Downham areas. Also more general national information and money saving tips are welcome.

WHERE IN THE WORLD DO YOU LIVE? Get yourself placed on the map.

Snettisham Lawn Bowls ; New Members Req'd

Postby Hornchurch » 23 Apr 2017, 22:03

'

~ Snettisham Excelsior Lawn Bowls Club - Seeking New Members ~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the last 10-years I've played for "Snettisham Excelsior" Lawn Bowls Club.

We are an informal group of folks who play & participate in the local league(s).

Sadly, due to 'old-age' & health-issues, FOUR of our members have dropped-out**
( ** For the forthcoming 2017 season )

This has created a void that needs to be filled, ideally with enthusiasm & new members.

Those of you who MAY be interested, might have the following questions...
(so I'll attempt a few Q & A's, below..)

1,) = Do I need to be experienced at Lawn-Bowls ? ~ No, you don't !

2,) = Do I need to own a set of woods (bowls) ? ~ No, you don't** !
(we can supply the bowls needed to start you off)

3,) = Do I need to wear the regulation white-clothing ? ~ No, you don't !

4,) = So, can I turn up in just ordinary everyday clothing ? ~ Yes, you can !!!!

5,) = When do you guys play these games ? ~ Variable, Weekday-Evenings, circa 7.pm

6,) = Where on earth do you meet ? ~ Snettisham Excelsior's own Victorian 'home ground'

Off the grass-Alleyway by the Snettisham Council Offices**, on the B.1440 - (old A.149)
( about a one minute walk from 'Strickland Avenue' in Snettisham, near the new Co-Op )

7,) = How much does it cost me ? ~ Only £1.00 coin, per-match (evening)

Should you enjoy it & decide to become a member, it's an annual-fee of just £15.00, but that's only "if" you decide to play for the year & decide to become a regular-member ~ Fees keep us going !
(it pays towards upkeep & maintainance of the ground, lawn, plus minor ancillieries)

8,) = How long does the season last for ? ~ It runs from 4th May to Early/Mid-August

9,) = What local leagues do you participate in ? ~ Two ; Countryside & North West Norfolk
(In the 2015 season, we won the Countryside league & got promotion in the N.W, finishing 2nd)

10,) = But I'm a little nervous & don't know anyone ? ~ It'll be fine, we're a friendly-bunch.

11,) = Is there any Age restriction ? ~ No, not at all, so it's open to all ages & types.

All we ask is that you be respectful, sensible & well behaved, as there ARE 24-players on field !

Like I say, "if" you fancy giving it a go, don't feel obliged, there's no pressure.
Of course it would be nice to get experienced bowlers, but it's not a neccessity.

Anyone interested can contact me here, either on this thread...
(no details on the board tho' :wink: = You CAN send them to me here, via P.M.)

I'll then put you in touch with our club Captains... (who've authorised this ~ My suggestion !)

Would be nice to recieve a boost of keen new membership, as the venue is 100 years old !!!!!!

The name of the club is "Snettisham Excelsior" ~ Look forward to hearing from you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ P.S ~
This Sunday 30th April, there is a 'free' open gathering at 2.pm, if you'd like to try it out ?

Beyond that, we'll be meeting in the evening-times, around 6.30 to 7.00pm, when games commence.

BTW ; = Yes, you CAN join us or start beyond that date (May/June/July), if you wish ???

Hornchurch

Return to NOTICEBOARD.