Does anyone have any info regarding Lee Infants

Add your school - share your school memories, contact your old school friends here, also posts on current school events are welcome.

Re: Does anyone have any info regarding Lee Infants

Postby Tresagreen » 17 Jan 2019, 19:31

That's the one Warpo, my Nan lived right next door to it at 45 South Everard Street. And now you've put the map on, of course I remember where the infants was. What a thicky I am :roll: The entrance to the school was at the end of what we used to call 'the court' . If you stood at the bottom of Nans yard, you could see into the school. Are you really DH?
Tresagreen

Postby Warpo » 17 Jan 2019, 20:32

Yes I am DH lol. This forum has been VERY useful with my Wilmore ancestors, and visit here every now and again when I wanna bother you all lol.

Are there any surviving records and or photo's do you know?

FMP only have the All Saint's records, no infants, and where education is concerned Ancestry is a little behind. Luckily, I have access to both, so if anyone would like me to do a quick lookup for anything, please ask.

Back to the Infants, can you recall what it was called? Was it simply All Saint's Infants?
Warpo

Postby Tresagreen » 17 Jan 2019, 21:28

Well guess who has a red face now :roll: As far as I am aware, it was just called All Saints infants,as for records and photos, the only ones I have seen, are what's on the forum and the one or two my Mum had from her time there in the 20s. I can ask my cousin when I see him again, he still lives in Lynn, but I don't get there much any more. He has lots of old photos that were his parents, so there may be some he still has to go through. By the way, you should have known that Fred's Family were living in Lynn in 1886, so he could not have gone to school on the south coast!!! It's been fun doing the detective work though. TG
Tresagreen

Postby EWW » 17 Jan 2019, 21:30

Yes Warpo, just All St Infants. None of the directories have it as a seperate entity, just part of the main school.
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby Warpo » 17 Jan 2019, 21:41

Well let me finally say a big thank you again.

And Tresagreen, if you do come across any photo's it would certainly be interesting to view them but please don't go out your way.
Warpo

Postby EWW » 17 Jan 2019, 21:44

Forum members always go the extra mile. :D
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Previous

Return to School