Cats and garden

Got something on your chest,, Get it off here,,

Cats and garden

Postby yvouille » 19 Jun 2013, 23:04

Hi,,

I just want to say I am fed up with a cat who think the garden is his private toilet,,, I've tried almost everything,, if anyone have a idea (apart from kicking it,, I am tempted but I don't want to)

Anyway probably some people, will say that's just normal they are cat, or the owner can't keep it at home, the thing is it is messing with the garden we have spent so much time working on it .... :( ...

Nevermind, thank you if you read it.

Yvouille
In souls nobly born, valour does not depend upon age. http://www.flickr.com/photos/yvouillerb/
yvouille

Re: Cats and garden

Postby bill » 20 Jun 2013, 18:06

i had the same problem, also with monkjacks, i have put nylon fishing line on small canes and put round garden it seems to work let me know it it works for you, ps. no refund
billJ
bill

Postby Diddly Dom » 20 Jun 2013, 21:13

Have you tried a product made by 'growing success' called quite simply 'Cat Repellent'? Its around £5 from Morrisons and all good diy stores,its a grey granulated powder and stinks to high heaven of garlic! Its the only thing ive used in my garden that works!!
Diddly Dom

Postby EWW » 20 Jun 2013, 21:17

Another product on the market is called a 410 :wink:
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby rospaul » 20 Jun 2013, 21:48

Have you thought about investing in one of these ? they are multi functional, they will keep the cats of your garden, taking them for a walk will keep you fit, they are the best intruder alarm money can buy, but most of all they will be the best friend you could ever have. Believe me I speak from experience.

:smt006
Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live for today".
(Paul the dog walker)
rospaul

Postby vernydev » 25 Jun 2013, 01:04

Hi yvoille;

Sorry about your cat problem, being an avid gardener I feel your pain. I have a large variety of birds in my garden so I dread to see a cat around. Cayenne pepper/paprika sprinkled rather profusely in my flower beds seems to work for me. It might seem expensive but sprinkling just a few times seems to work. I am a dog person so the picture of Rospaul's beautiful dog rang a bell with me. It would work very well as a cat deterrent. My dog is a Field Spaniel and if she chased a cat I might never see her again!
Hope you solve the cat problem, Vernydev.
vernydev

Postby yvouille » 30 Jun 2013, 10:24

Hi, and thank you all for your replies,, I am using at the moment a product bought at B&Q as I tried most of the things before (apart from a dog :-D ) , and it's seems to work so far( cross fingers :lol: )...... the thing is i read the composition of the product .. and as far as i can remember limonene is a component of ... the lemon grass... if it keeps going i might plant some real ones haha.

Take care ,

Yvouille
In souls nobly born, valour does not depend upon age. http://www.flickr.com/photos/yvouillerb/
yvouille

Postby dr strangelove » 01 Jul 2013, 09:53

Another product on the market is an Uzi 9mm. Tried and tested :lol:
Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm schizophrenic, and so am I.
dr strangelove

Postby banjo » 01 Jul 2013, 19:59

Im sorry to hear about the problems you have all been having with Cats on youre gardens. Being an avid Cat lover, It disheartens me to hear of some of the suggestions you are coming up with. I wouldnt want anybody aiming a Uzi 9mm at my little Gash! My little Gash is ginger, and has one eye.
I do hope some of the more cruel suggestions were made with tounge in cheek humour, because i wouldnt want anyone hurting my little Gash. :smt109 :smt109
banjo

Return to Rant!