Bus Pass Users - New Restriction.

Got something on your chest,, Get it off here,,

Bus Pass Users - New Restriction.

Postby Uncled8249 » 15 Feb 2013, 14:39

This is an email I sent to Norfolk County Council.

Bus pass, onward travel.
I have been told by the bus driver that I can no longer catch the 8-56 from Gayton Road, Kings lynn X8 to Fakenham, paying the fare. and then continue on the 9-30 X29 to Norwich using my bus pass but have to get off the bus, and wait for the next bus an hour later. I believe this to be a really silly ruling and can not understand why it has been brought in. The bus pass wasn`t just brought in to help people like me to save on the fares, but also to get me out of the house and get some exercise. This is indeed what it has done for me.
Uncled8249

Re: Bus Pass Users - New Restriction.

Postby juneann » 15 Feb 2013, 19:13

hi, in York, we cant use our pentioner bus passes till 9am.The buses are all now set by there clocks on board.Even if you step on the bus at 8.59am and pulls out before the clock has reached 9am you have to pay. They say is to stop the pentioners filling up the bus so workers ''paying people'' are not left standing at bus stops. We've had this here at least since i got my pass 4 years ago. Hope this helps. :?
juneann

Re: Bus Pass Users - New Restriction.

Postby Uncled8249 » 15 Feb 2013, 20:00

D`oh, Yes it is fair that people going to work dont get left at the stop because of people with cards, that is why we can`t use ours until 9-30 m-f...
Uncled8249

Return to Rant!