Assault on man in Lynn last weekend

Lost it? Had it nicked? Found what looks like someones belongings? Local reports of crime and police appeals in the area. Post here.

Assault on man in Lynn last weekend

Postby dale » 16 Jul 2010, 14:12

Another example of why Lynn is a no-go area after dark.
If anyone knows anything please contact the nummber below.
This is a particularly cowardly attack and the attackers must be caught immediately.

Thank you for spending the time to read the article below.
Next time it may be someone you know.

A man was left in a coma for three days with serious head injuries after being attacked in King's Lynn.

Detectives believe the 41-year-old victim was attacked with a piece of wood, after an argument with a group of men and women in Austin Fields, in the early hours of Saturday.

One of the women in the group tried to defuse the dispute and told the people she was with to stop attacking the victim. Tonight acting Det Insp Andy Ninham appealed for the woman to come forward.

“Obviously this young woman has some very important information about what happened and I'd particularly like to encourage her to come forward and speak to us,” he said. “I can reassure her that any information she can give us will be treated in the strictest confidence.

“I realise that some of the other people involved in the fight may be her friends and she may feel some loyalty to them but she noticeably wasn't comfortable with what was going on.

“It's just a matter of luck that the victim wasn't even more seriously hurt and I just hope that her conscience will tell her to do the right thing.”

Acting Det Insp Ninham said those involved may have told their friends or family about what had happened.

“We are pursuing other lines of enquiry as well and I believe it is only a matter of time before we track down those responsible,” he added.

“It really would be better for all concerned to come forward and help us do it sooner rather than later.”

Tonight the victim had recovered consciousness and his condition was described as stable at at the Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital.

Anyone with information should call Trish Hooper, at Kings Lynn CID, on 0845 456 4567.
dale

Re: Assault on man in Lynn last weekend

Postby EWW » 16 Jul 2010, 19:00

Very sorry for the guy, but Lynn is not a no-go area for me after dark Dale.
Sure there are places that I would be wary of but still go to if I needed.

A friend of mine has his shop about 20 yards from where that attack took
place in Austin Fields, and he was told by the Police that the victim and
attackers were known to each other and all were Eastern Europeans that
had been drinking together. Needless to say I do not know if there is any
truth in that.
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby teddybear1959 » 16 Jul 2010, 21:03

The problem with "No go areas" is that as soon as we put that name on them, they are made into no go areas.

My daughter went to Nottingham to study at the University there. We were concerned, because we had heard that it was the "gun capital of England". Well, it probably has got guns, but so has Lynn, Dereham, Fakenham and Wolferton! We went up there regularly and found it to be a lovely city. Our daughter never had any trouble there at all.

Anywhere is a bad place if bad things happen, Dunblane, Soham, Hungerford, they all have a different meaning today, simply because of three sad people. Don't let the fact that something nasty happened in one part of the town make it a no go area. If everyone started to go there, it would start to be the place to be. Look at the South Quay today and what that area was like thirty years ago!

Teddy
:wink:
I am very interested in local history of mid-Norfolk and I have lots of connections to families in the Lynn area. http://www.norfolk-tours.co.uk/
teddybear1959

Postby botak » 20 Jul 2010, 15:36

hi there - i am a close friend of the injured party in this - i can state that niether him nor the spineless scum that did this to him are foriegn, and they were not known to each other. if anyone one knows who did this or has any information please contact the police - they will treat any information with the strictest confidence

thank you
botak

Postby KL Website Design » 22 Jul 2011, 10:38

teddybear1959 wrote:My daughter went to Nottingham to study at the University there. We were concerned, because we had heard that it was the "gun capital of England". Well, it probably has got guns, but so has Lynn, Dereham, Fakenham and Wolferton! We went up there regularly and found it to be a lovely city. Our daughter never had any trouble there at all.

I lived in Nottingham for 5 years while at University and only ever saw trouble ONCE! That includes inside and outside clubs. It is a lovely city.

Needless to say I see at least 3 fights per weekend in King's Lynn :roll: 8)
Website Design, Hosting and SEO for King's Lynn & West Norfolk
King's Lynn Website Design
Web Design King's Lynn
KL Website Design

Postby novasinistra » 23 Jul 2011, 08:10

Ther are parts of Cambridge which are dodgy after dark and the centre can be noisy to say the least after closing time.
novasinistra

Return to Lost / Stolen, Found. Local Crime Reports