LEAD THIEVES

Lost it? Had it nicked? Found what looks like someones belongings? Local reports of crime and police appeals in the area. Post here.

LEAD THIEVES

Postby EWW » 06 Jun 2010, 11:46

Will the thieving Bast**ds that nicked the lead off the poor struggling museum True's Yards
roof, hang their heads in shame. Oh how I wish I knew who they were.
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Re: LEAD THIEVES

Postby teddybear1959 » 06 Jun 2010, 20:41

I am sitting here wondering what those little asterisks stand for. Blowed if I can think. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Teddy
:wink:
I am very interested in local history of mid-Norfolk and I have lots of connections to families in the Lynn area. http://www.norfolk-tours.co.uk/
teddybear1959

Postby Platschu » 31 Dec 2010, 00:50

I was surprise that the local newspaper has a Court Register section. I mean they write down the complete names, age, address, crime and punishment. It doesn't sound ethic to me, because why do they have to inform the whole town if somebody made a mistake?

On the other hand if they can catch a foreign "worker" here for shop lifting again and again and again then they should send him / her back where they came from... I know it sounds a bit harsh and we can't ban them from the UK because of the spirit of the EU, but now I work and live here and while I pay the taxes (for example a huge council tax) and the bills they get every benefits and support. Who will pay for their custody or prison? We will. And I believe your goverment can't stop the arriving of such people who will play these cat and mouse game for the rest of their life.
Platschu

Postby teddybear1959 » 31 Dec 2010, 10:44

Wow, how refreshing to see those thoughts written down by another person. You are reading my mind................

Why do we keep these people in our prisons before we send them back? I have often wondered that too. Send them back as soon as possible, in hand-cuffs and chains, make them travel in the hold in a cage, don't fly them out in comfort. If they come here, they need to abide by our laws, "When in Rome" and all that.

One of my groups were four ladies from Singapore and they cannot believe that we have such problems. They have zero tolerance in many areas and seem to be one of the cleanest, safest, richest places in the world. I did ask if they would lend us their government for a while, but they declined.

Teddy
I am very interested in local history of mid-Norfolk and I have lots of connections to families in the Lynn area. http://www.norfolk-tours.co.uk/
teddybear1959

Postby Platschu » 01 Jan 2011, 16:22

If somebody makes trouble again and again then they should make him send back to their homeland. Because I could accept one or two mistake, but if the same person is always in the court register because of stealing then why do we "keep" him or her here? They are not useful for the society, while the local citizens have enough problems here. :smt014

I was robbed by a gunned man 3 years ago in Hungary. While I try to be open-minded and trust to everyone, since that event I can imagine the worst scenarios in my environment because I work with drug addicts. I can see that such strange faces are walking at London Road and aroung the Hillington Square that I couldn't feel safe. :oops: There are young groups in the St. James park and around the Sainsbury who can't behave and must be bored... When I came back from Lynnsport on my bike and I was listening to music with a headset as soon as I passed next to a group of young men they were shouting something to scare me. It happened at least 3-4-5 times. Once even a young woman hit me with her handbag without any reason, only for "fun". Maybe she wanted something... :smt007 :-D The same happened when I telephoned at High street. They opened the door of the telephone cell behind my back because they could hear I was talking on an unknown language and then they shouted something in and pushed back the door with a great power to scare me as the whole glass was shaking. What shall I do in such cases? I don't like such agressive behaviour, so I acted as if nothing had happened. But I have to tell you that is not what I expected from the English people... At least these people are only a very small part of the whole society, so I should not draw my conclusion. :cry:
Platschu

Postby teddybear1959 » 01 Jan 2011, 21:41

Perhaps reporting such cases to the police would be of use? I don't know really, these people are the product of many years of free handouts, no work & no need to work as well as the problem that is the major cause of this behaviour; lack of respect.

What can we do? I really don't know, but if the Police started were supported in creating a zero tolerance for bad behaviour, we would be a long way along the road of recovering our old values. Soon, there will not be anyone around who remembers what it was like when people respected each-other, other people's property and the police.

Teddy
teddybear1959

Postby Platschu » 09 Jan 2011, 15:21

My Hungarian friend lost his wallet at the Turkish take-away on London Road. He run back where he could speak with the thief who denied to see his pocket. The Turkish guys were friendly and they checked the CCTV records and there was the proof that woman picked up the pocket (more than 100 pounds + cards). My Hungarian friends went to the police station, but nothing happened for 2-3 weeks. Then he went back again and he was informed that this case was closed, because he couldn't prove that it was his wallet on the record. I can guess only they were not very helpful with him in spite of the CCTV record, because he wasn't English. I know that the policemen are busy and helpful, so I couldn't understand why they didn't want to question that woman at least. Anyway except this event I am satisfied with the police. I could help them out if they came into the pharmacy and asked about patients. It is good to know that the streets are guarded, but the best would be if we shouldn't be scarred on the streets after 6PM and everybody could work and wants to work instead of stealing and robbing. I am too naive. :(
Platschu

Postby EWW » 09 Jan 2011, 16:29

Sory to hear about your friends plight platchu but the police are not allowed to ask
about your patients, its against the law.
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby teddybear1959 » 09 Jan 2011, 16:36

Hi Platschu

Your English is really good, but you obviously didn't mean what you wrote about helping the Police regarding your patients.

People in positions where they hold information about other people are not allowed to talk about their clients except in certain circumstances. You are in one of those types of jobs and if you did talk to anyone, police included, about your clients, you could lose your job.

I look forward to your posts, and it is very interesting to hear about local life from your view.

Teddy
teddybear1959

Postby Platschu » 09 Jan 2011, 17:10

I used the "patients" word, but I wanted to write "drug addicts" at first. But it seemed to be a bit harsh and pejorative word, so I replaced it. The whole story was about illegal drug transactions what happened on the streets... I am not stupid and I don't share any patient and company related informations. :wink:
Platschu

Postby teddybear1959 » 09 Jan 2011, 17:50

No, I don't think you are stupid mate, just the opposite in fact!

I know you are aware of your professional conduct regulations, but this language is difficult enough for me to get right without getting misunderstood!

Teddy
teddybear1959

Postby Dry_Sweeper » 20 Jun 2011, 02:16

Platschu wrote:I was surprise that the local newspaper has a Court Register section. I mean they write down the complete names, age, address, crime and punishment. It doesn't sound ethic to me, because why do they have to inform the whole town if somebody made a mistake?

On the other hand if they can catch a foreign "worker" here for shop lifting again and again and again then they should send him / her back where they came from... I know it sounds a bit harsh and we can't ban them from the UK because of the spirit of the EU, but now I work and live here and while I pay the taxes (for example a huge council tax) and the bills they get every benefits and support. Who will pay for their custody or prison? We will. And I believe your goverment can't stop the arriving of such people who will play these cat and mouse game for the rest of their life.

I wouldnt call nicking lead from the roof of a building a mistake! it only becomes a mistake when they are caught

Why not name and shame people, when I walk round Lynn and see other people, I can look at them and say to myself, "that individual is a thief"
Dry_Sweeper

Postby Platschu » 01 Nov 2011, 20:59

While I was riding my bike home after closing, two Russian (or Lithuanian) guys stopped me at the corner of Tower Street. One of them stayed in front of my bicycle and he didn't want to move away. I have a basket in the front and it hold my hangbag, so I expected they want to steal it. Anyway I switched back to Hungarian and they were so surprised thet let me go, but they were shouting some curses in Russian. What a nice world! :roll: I don't know if I wanted to report this to the police station, because nobody was hurt, but now my feeling of safty has ended here today. :(

And there was an other case what happened a few weeks ago. A group of young people sit between the Matalan and the Railway Station. Normally they skateboard, but one of them hided in a bush and while I was coming back from the Morrison, he jumped out suddenly and began to scream. They wanted to scare me. :?
Platschu

Postby greenpen » 26 Feb 2012, 14:13

Platschu wrote:While I was riding my bike home after closing, two Russian (or Lithuanian) guys stopped me at the corner of Tower Street. One of them stayed in front of my bicycle and he didn't want to move away. I have a basket in the front and it hold my hangbag, so I expected they want to steal it. Anyway I switched back to Hungarian and they were so surprised thet let me go, but they were shouting some curses in Russian. What a nice world! :roll: I don't know if I wanted to report this to the police station, because nobody was hurt, but now my feeling of safty has ended here today. :(

And there was an other case what happened a few weeks ago. A group of young people sit between the Matalan and the Railway Station. Normally they skateboard, but one of them hided in a bush and while I was coming back from the Morrison, he jumped out suddenly and began to scream. They wanted to scare me. :?
Sounds to me like you are an idiot magnet?
greenpen

Return to Lost / Stolen, Found. Local Crime Reports