Adult Warehouse Advert at The Bus Station

Got something on your chest,, Get it off here,,

Adult Warehouse Advert at The Bus Station

Postby Ben_R » 03 Apr 2011, 19:38

I'm fairly liberal in my views and don't believe in censorship, but I have to say I was rather surprised to see that there's a huge advert for the adult warehouse at the bus station. It's near the bus station office and features a sultry looking female in some type of basque. I have no problem with sultry looking females in basques, but wondered if a huge picture of one is appropriate at the bus station where lots of young children will be getting off buses with their parents. I can imagine it leading to some awkward questions being put to parents by their children. Anyway, I thought it was a bit odd and wondered what others thought.
Ben_R

Re: Adult Warehouse Advert at The Bus Station

Postby Mivalanchi » 04 Apr 2011, 08:58

The advertising standards on the web states:-

Marketing communications must not contain anything that is likely to cause serious or widespread offence. Particular care must be taken to avoid causing offence on the grounds of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. Compliance will be judged on the context, medium, audience, product and prevailing standards.

Marketing communications may be distasteful without necessarily breaching this rule. Marketers are urged to consider public sensitivities before using potentially offensive material.

The fact that a product is offensive to some people is not grounds for finding a marketing communication in breach of the Code.

The problem is with the last sentence, if anything 'a get out clause'.
Mary Whitehouse, was brilliant, We need another champion like her.
Mivalanchi

Postby Alastair » 04 Apr 2011, 09:41

Just as long as you don't go calling the town seedy.. now that will get more people's backs up than a strip club or any advertising poster..
I choose to share some of my images with this forum, but please respect my wishes. View them where I display them and don't download, copy, print or use them to create other works without my written permission. I can provide prints if requested.
Alastair

Postby Mivalanchi » 04 Apr 2011, 11:18

Going slightly off topic..
Yesterday I went to B& Q, and was stopped at turn in by the traffic lights.
Gazing around to my right where MacDonalds take-a-way is sited.
What did I also see?
Bus stop advertising board with a large poster advertising KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN.
Thats what I call 'effective competive advertising'
Mivalanchi

Postby Lynnboy » 13 Jul 2012, 10:49

Alastair!!!!

Kings Lynn! Seedy?

How very dare you? :wink:
Lynnboy

Postby bobbiecool » 13 Jul 2012, 11:03

Ben_R wrote:I'm fairly liberal in my views and don't believe in censorship, but I have to say I was rather surprised to see that there's a huge advert for the adult warehouse at the bus station. It's near the bus station office and features a sultry looking female in some type of basque. I have no problem with sultry looking females in basques, but wondered if a huge picture of one is appropriate at the bus station where lots of young children will be getting off buses with their parents. I can imagine it leading to some awkward questions being put to parents by their children. Anyway, I thought it was a bit odd and wondered what others thought.

Could you post a picture so I can be sure as to what you are talking about please? :D
bobbiecool

Postby banjo » 14 Jul 2012, 16:18

why dont you just have a look on monday morning bobbiecool? i mean, you work in the museum, you must pass it everyday silly? :roll:
banjo

Postby bobbiecool » 16 Jul 2012, 10:10

I certainly do Banjo! I would just like a picture so I can use as my desktop wallpaper :lol:
bobbiecool

Postby EWW » 16 Jul 2012, 15:26

Well you will not see it on here.
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby bill » 16 Jul 2012, 18:48

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: good for you eww
billJ
bill

Postby Norfolkborn » 17 Jul 2012, 09:28

Mary Whitehouse, was brilliant, We need another champion like her.

I'll go with that Mivalanchi. I don't think anyone would say I'm narrow minded; but do we need such blatant advertising almost everywhere?

No!

Perhaps Mary Whitehouse was a little too straight laced, perhaps not. But the country is in a moral mess and much of it caused by overt sexual advertising and TV programming which has effectively meant John Lennon's words have become prophetic - Anything goes.
Norfolkborn

Return to Rant!