WYMONDHAM COLLEGE

Add your school - share your school memories, contact your old school friends here, also posts on current school events are welcome.

WYMONDHAM COLLEGE

Postby EWW » 03 Apr 2007, 10:11

Here's one for you Rog, has he changed much? :wink:

I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Brother Paul

Postby roger » 03 Apr 2007, 10:33

No Ev he is still good looking as you all are :D :D
Be up when they lay
roger

Postby EWW » 03 Apr 2007, 10:48

Its all that good red meat we ate when we were kids :D Now I wonder
where that came from :wink:
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Wymondham College

Postby RMP » 21 May 2010, 16:23

Is there anyone out there who attended Wymondham College? I went for only one year. I believe it was approx. 1954-1955. I previously went to St. Mary's Catholic School from the age of four. Wymondham College has a website with all kinds of info and pictures.
I will be going to their 50th School Reunion to be held in Boston, Mass. US, July 17. I only live about one hour from Boston, so couldn't resist the opportunity to possibly Unite with at least one person I knew from the College. My brother Paul atended W.C for four years.
It would be a thrill to hear from anyone who went to the College, or would like to comment. Thanks a lot.
RMP (Rosemary Wright)
RMP

Re: WYMONDHAM COLLAGE

Postby Uncled8249 » 22 May 2010, 01:19

Hi, even I recognised him, I must remember to show Jim next time he pops round.

Btw Ev, we can see you didn`t go there its "college" he.he.

Ed
Uncled8249

Re: WYMONDHAM COLLAGE

Postby EWW » 22 May 2010, 07:18

I'm dilsexik dlesexic dussliksec, Oooh "Word blind" :D
EWW

WYMONDHAM COLLEGE

Postby EWW » 18 May 2015, 20:18

Do not worry RMP I will give you some lessons on how to use the forum when you come home next.
Mum should have never let you go to WYMONDHAM COLLEGE :lol:
EWW

Re:WYMONDHAM

Postby RMP » 19 May 2015, 13:29

Why on earth should my Mum have stopped me from going to Wymondham College???? I should have STAYED there. It was all Nissan Huts then, but now it consist of beautiful brick bulidings. Education would have benefited me more than going to Fropax at age 15. Mind you, I was only in the factory a few months when the Boss suggested I move into the Office. I declined. Another mistake.
Oh! well. Everything is done for a reason.
Would enjoy staying on the Forum a few hours, but have an appointment soon.
Bye for now and thank you all who contribute to my really only source of info. of my home town and other places in England. I was not interested in scenery and history at 15-16! You understand I'm sure.
RMP :smt006

Imagine peace
RMP

WYMONDHAM COLLEGE

Postby juneann » 19 May 2015, 14:47

hi RMP, both my children went to Wymondham College, we were in the army in Germany, and having family in Norfolk, seemed a good idea. They are 40 and 38 now.Dont think it did them any harm, but some of the storys they tell me now, not so sure. :? . :smt006
juneann

Re: WYMONDHAM COLLEGE

Postby RMP » 22 May 2015, 08:36

Hi juneann. It was nice to receive your post. Maybe the college changed a lot regarding Rules etc, but I didn't see anything harmful. Used to get up to a few pranks myself! Just innocent fun, but Ms. Brunning (Our Dorm Mistress) was a strict woman and kept a watchful eye. We were not supposed to speak to boys when passing in the hallways, but I did and got sent to the Principle. Also , a few of my Dorm friends and I held a "Midnight Feast" one night. Ms. Brunning heard us and took all of our "Feast" away. We then had to get fully dressed in uniform. Macintosh, boots and all! Stand and face the wall for an hour. My friend Heather and I were pretty much the "Organizers". It was fun anyway.
Academically, it was an excellent school.
Ms. Brunning was sweet on Mr. Appleyard "Pip".
One of the students in our Dorm contracted Polio while I was there. We all had to gargle twice a day with salt for a couple of weeks. Also, had to eat in the Dining room etc., separately. No one else caught Polio thank goodness.
Wish I had stayed, but as they say , "Youth is wasted on the young". Not in all cases I don't suppose.
Cheers!
RMP
Imagine Peace
RMP

Postby RMP » 22 May 2015, 08:52

Uncled8249. Please give my regards to Jim when you see him. Played a few darts with him and drank a couple of Baby Chams. How is Colin these days?
LOVE your photos, Ed. Keep on clicking!
RMP

Imagine Peace
RMP

Postby tjduffy » 13 Mar 2018, 02:31

Is the photo of Paul wright, who went to Wymondham College?
If so,and I think it is. Myself, Paul and Phillip Malt all went there at the same time and we all in the same dormitory. (Hut 37 along with about 27 others who started with us.)
We were together for 5 years in North House and Phil and I played Rugby for the School. Phil actually Captained the 1st XV in our final year.(1960)
My name is John Duffy and my 2 brothers and 1 sister all went to St. Mary's. travelling by bus each day from Downham Market.
tjduffy

Postby EWW » 13 Mar 2018, 10:05

Yes TJ thats why it is the Wymondham thread. Paul is my brother and is still about and I will be seeing him today. There is a picture
of Paul's class in the St Mary's School thread that shows some of the people you mention in it, maybe you are. I remember the Duffy's
when I was at the catholic school.
EWW

Postby tjduffy » 16 Mar 2018, 04:49

Sorry I meant 4th from left? When you next see him tell him that I went on to do an Student Apprenticeship with Derek Hubbard, who I think Paul was friendly with at Wymondham.
We completed a 5yr apprenticeship at Stafford with a company called English Electric. The last I heard of Derek was that he worked for a Gas company up in Scotland and got married and I think had 2 children.
Ask paul to drop me a line at "tjduffy1@bigpond.com" if he feels like it.
Cheers, TJD.
tjduffy

Postby tjduffy » 16 Mar 2018, 04:54

Hi EWW, The comment that reads 4th from the left refers to the School Photo that has the Malt brothers on it.
I lost my first attempt to send you a post because I had to go back and check the photo and my comments got lost !!
Still having trouble finding my way around this Web Site.
TJD.
tjduffy

Next

Return to School