GAYWOOD PARK SCHOOL

Add your school - share your school memories, contact your old school friends here, also posts on current school events are welcome.

GAYWOOD PARK SCHOOL

Postby EWW » 20 Sep 2006, 09:28

I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Gaywood Park Boys School

Postby Trev » 11 Oct 2006, 21:20

Hi All. New to this forum, but have been veiwing some time now, so I thought I might as well sign up. Do any one out there have old photos of the Gaywood Park High School, I.E. The building, pupils, or just enything that was conected with the school, that you would like to put onto this forum. As A x pupil, 1957 - 1961, I would very much like to see somthing of the old school. It was nice to see the arial photo of the school in the old photos of Lynn.
Cheers Trev.
Trev

Welcome

Postby teddybear1959 » 11 Oct 2006, 21:22

Hi Trev

Welcome to the forum. Sorry but I have nothing of the school but I'm sure someone has, it is amazing what turns up.

Enjoy the old photographs and if you have any memories please be sure to share them with us all.

Teddy
:wink:
teddybear1959

Postby choks » 11 Oct 2006, 21:50

Welcome...Trev

I'm sure what you ask for will be revealed in Due time...
Summers comming...
choks

Postby EWW » 12 Oct 2006, 06:36

Hello T I am waiting for some old school pics of Gaywood Park to be
sent to me from the States, as I was at the park at that time might be
something of interest, have to wait and see.
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby old-git » 12 Oct 2006, 17:52

Hi Trev, :smt118
I hope in time some pics will come out of the woodwork. I was there 11 years after you and would love to see some pics of the old school/pupils.

The first year I was there the headmaster was Mr Fell, but he retired I think, and I can't remember who replaced him. Was Fell the head when you were there?
8)
mustn't grumble
old-git

Gaywood Park High School

Postby Trev » 12 Oct 2006, 21:29

Hi o all of those that made a reply to my request for Pics and old tales of th school. The Head who was there when I was there was MR kerrison Jones, Fell came after I left. Do any of you rember the fish pond in the middel of the school? next to the flag pole which is shown on this forum in old pics of Lynn. And the veg gardens at th back. They say now that we should all eat healthy freash food, well in my time there it was straight out of the school land and into the pot. The teacher who use to take us for gardening was Erine Allsop, and do you all remember, Larry Seaman, PE, he is still alive to day, helping out at cross country events. Also just to name one more teacher at that Time, Glass Eyed, Pipe Smoking Percy Whisker, Hi hI. I wonder if some of these names bring back memorys/
Trev. :shock:
Trev

Postby delbert » 12 Oct 2006, 22:41

yep old larry seaman,always telling me i should be arriving in the first few of the cross country,but to tell the truth just couldnt b bovvered .
ernie allsop yea used to be my fav class pollination,staymen,sepals aaaah it all comin back ernie !!!!

percy whisker dab hand with the chalk if my memory serves, got hit on the head several times
yep certainly does bring back memories :lol: :roll:
"go placidly amid the noise and haste"
delbert

Postby EWW » 13 Oct 2006, 06:49

JOCK GUY
HARRY ALLEN
MR GAUKROGER
MR TURNER
MR HAVERSON
MR BALDING
MR POWELL
MR DOUGHTY
MR CHRISTIE
MRS ALSOP
MR BECKETT
MR PACKER

I'M SURE ONE OR TWO MORE WILL COME TO MIND.

AS FOR THE POND, ONE OR TWO OF THE MORE ROWDY
ELEMENT OF THE SCHOOL THREW MR GREENACRE INTO
THAT POND ON THE LAST DAY BEFORE LEAVING.
MRS GREENACRE WAS IN CHARGE OF THE CANTEEN
AFTER SHE RETIRED MY SISTER TOOK OVER AS HEAD COOK.
EWW

Gaywood Park High School

Postby Trev » 13 Oct 2006, 20:44

Hi Again. Dont know as to if any of you guys, when at the park, was in the Army Cadet Force that was attached to the school. Once a week, I think it was on a wednesday afternoon, and in the evening at the providence street hall. In the summer holidays, we use to go to the annual cadet camp, had some good times with the cadets then. As for the name of some of the teachers then, yes I rember them all + more. As for Jock Guy, he had the Bee hives in the Quad, and sold the honey, great it was too. Also have many memorys of the old metal bridge over the old railway line to Hunstanton, it use to be very slippery in the winter. Is there any of you guys on the many raiding partie that went on over the railway line into K.E.S? Great days.
Trev.
Trev

Postby EWW » 14 Oct 2006, 07:28

Please post the names that you can remember ( I was in the cadets)
Mick Archer was the sgt at the drill hall remember him?
EWW

hi trev

Postby andy j » 14 Oct 2006, 20:15

good evening trev you can't hide on here i will find you speak to you over the weekend ANDY :P :smt012 :couchsleep
andy j

Postby Trev » 15 Oct 2006, 22:01

HI Again. Yes I do remember Mick Archer very well. In my time in the cadets, Gaukroger was the Capt at the school unit, also I belive there was, who was a pupil at the time I was there, a Gerald Forman who I belive was also a Sgt in the Cadets. Also remembr the film shows that we had then in the main hall. Also the boxing bouts that where held in the school in the evenings, run by Larry Seaman, with the Friars boxing club. Do you remember Richard Tidd, or Tiddy as we use to call him, dam good boxer in them days, also a pupil when I was there.
Trev. :shock:
Trev

Postby delbert » 15 Oct 2006, 22:13

gerald foreman would have been my cousin, havent seen him for years,believe he moved away from lynn many moons ago ,and tiddy used to live in a yard at 21 queen street ,behind where my grandparents lived,now named the three crowns yard. :D
"go placidly amid the noise and haste"
delbert

Postby EWW » 16 Oct 2006, 09:34

Some other good boxers I have had the pleasure of being in the
same Gym as over the Years.
LACEY STANNARD
MEL WILDE
OLLY PAYNE
CARLO NAPOLITANO
BOBBY JOHNSON
Anyone remember the Venture Club?
I was a founder member alongside.
EDDIE TANN
SONNY YALLOP
TOMMY NUCCOL
EDDIE ADDICOT
? WILLIAMSON
We did gymnastic displays all over the place
but can't think of anymore names.

Eddie Tann owned the snooker club in lynn
and on his 50th birthday his wife arranged
a This is your life party for him and Sonny
came down from Scotland for it, good to
talk about old times.
EWW

Next

Return to School