The Dynatones

Local live bands, dance outfits, gigs you saw? Blow your trumpet here.

The Dynatones

Postby 8 boston square » 31 Oct 2014, 12:17

Anyone remember this band? 2 guitars, keyboard and drums as I recall, I never saw them in action although they had a good reputation anyone have information about where they were from, equipment or who indeed they were?
8 boston square

Re: The Dynatones

Postby EWW » 31 Oct 2014, 12:47

They are(still going) a Welsh group from Aberfan. Tons of pictures if you Google them.
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby apollonine » 31 Oct 2014, 15:07

Boston..If I remember right a while back you were trying to remember a local band that ended in tones, you've finally remembered The Dynatones, they were a Norfolk band from North Walsham, no idea of the line up, I knew of them but can't remember ever seeing them or what the line up was.
"Treat everyday as your last as one day you're gonna be right"
apollonine

Postby EWW » 31 Oct 2014, 15:17

On checking again it seems that lots and lots of bands were called the Dynatones.
The nearest to Lynn I can find came from Peterboro.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=The+D ... B440%3B439
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby 8 boston square » 31 Oct 2014, 16:22

I always thought that it was like Dynatron, the up market brand from Pye? More expensive tv and music centre, remember the music centre about 4' wide almost 3' high made of wood and inside a turntable that could play up to 10 LP's or 45's with an auto changer plus a radio with maybe 2 wavebands and a speaker, that was really living eh?
The Dynatones did seem to come from somewhere between West Norfolk and Norwich from what I could make out, would loved to have seen them then but, well you know Fentones and Dynatones maybe I would have been asking too much, at the time for me it was 3 guitars and a drummer, the keyboard did not really fit at the time with my music, today the keyboard is a bag of tricks that can save a number of musicians, how things have changed.
8 boston square

Postby 8 boston square » 01 Nov 2014, 17:04

North Walsham might be about right, I seem to think they were from the east of us and although EWW has shown us lots of wannabees there are non with the line up I mentioned, I do recall a poster with the line up, ah well all just memories now, still another mystery solved, well maybe.
8 boston square

Postby crisscrossmusic » 18 Dec 2016, 09:34

To Clear up some of the 'mysteries' surrounding the Dynatones. I was proudly a member of The Dynatones from 1959 - 1966. We were all locals from Peterborough. Band Members as follows:-

Mick Lemmon - Rythmn Guitar ( deceased )
Trevor Wright - Drums ( Deceased )
Tony Benham - Vocals ( Deceased )
Colin Hodgkinson - Bass Guitar
Adrian Titman - King - Keyboards
Richard ' Bugs ' Austin - Lead Guitar

Over those years we lined up with the best i.e. The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Jimmy Page, Freddie & The Dreamers etc, etc.

Colin, Adrian & Myself still stay in contact & Music is still a BIG part of our lives. There are a couple of old pics. At Peterborough Images, just google The Dynatones Peterborough........Great Memories & sincere appreciation to our followers & friends. Bugs Austin ( Australia ).
crisscrossmusic

Postby apollonine » 19 Dec 2016, 11:53

Thanks for the info crisscross.
"Treat everyday as your last as one day you're gonna be right"
apollonine

Return to Local Music Scene.