heacham/docking dances

Local live bands, dance outfits, gigs you saw? Blow your trumpet here.

heacham/docking dances

Postby willhaggle » 11 Mar 2013, 20:04

being an ol timer I am not to clued up on this. I am trying to put a picture of a banner on here of "THE VERSIONS"
I do not suppose many will remember. I used to manage them they were a group of 4 lads from Norwich. I966 "The Melody Maker " ran a competition in Brighton I took some coaches from Lynn and Norwich to the heats in Brighton
and eventually the finals at the Palladium in London. I found the banner the other day it was carried by a young lady by the name of Elaine she worked in the office at Bawsey sandpits and Judy Boldero from Docking. I will send the banner to Docking Heritage group. Are the girls still around ????????? anyone remember the ballons floating down from the gods in the Palladium and the old boy an usher trying to stop us !!!!!! wish I was 27 again !!!

willhaggle

Re: heacham/docking dances

Postby 8 boston square » 12 Mar 2013, 05:49

I remember the Heacham and Docking dances, yes we called them dances in those days, now they talk of gigs! A gig is a long rowing boat used in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. I know there are gigs and giggs, but gigs indeed, I went dancing!!
8 boston square

Postby callaby » 07 May 2014, 19:16

young lady by the name of Elaine she worked in the office at Bawsey sandpits and Judy Boldero from Docking.

I found out last weekend while at the Docking heritage group exhibition that Judy Boldero sadly died earlier this year.
Patrick Callaby
callaby

Postby willhaggle » 10 May 2014, 17:13

So sorry to hear about Judy. RIP
willhaggle

Return to Local Music Scene.