Aircraft activity today - 3/7/2018

Post here news and information about local events - Pub, Club, Society, Competitions, Exhibitions, etc. From around the local King's Lynn, Hunstanton, Wisbech, Downham areas. Also more general national information and money saving tips are welcome.

WHERE IN THE WORLD DO YOU LIVE? Get yourself placed on the map.

Aircraft activity today - 3/7/2018

Postby Appso » 03 Jul 2018, 15:35

Between 10 minutes to one & one o'clock today, I was waiting for the BBC News. I was aware of some aircraft activity but at first could see no aircraft out of the window I was sitting next to that looks west.
Then two Hercules flew past in a North West direction, looks as if they may have come from the Lakenheath/Mildenhall area. They were then followed by a USA large troop carrier (please note I am not an aeroplane enthusiast, so do not know types etc) Theses were followed by two more troop carriers, the larger of the two had turned up wing ends, these in turn were followed by, 1 x troop carrier, 1 x AWAC, 3 x fighters, 9 x fighters, 6 x fighters, 1 x fighter,1 x fighter, 1 x fighter, 3 x fighters, 1 x fighter. I made it 32 in all at varying intervals the whole lot passed in between 5 & 10 minutes.
Does anyone know what it was all about please ?
Appso. West Winch.
Appso

Re: Aircraft activity today - 3/7/2018

Postby supergt1971 » 03 Jul 2018, 17:01

RAF 100 years flypast practice for July 10th.
supergt1971

Return to NOTICEBOARD.