King's Lynn Model Railway Club

Post here news and information about local events - Pub, Club, Society, Competitions, Exhibitions, etc. From around the local King's Lynn, Hunstanton, Wisbech, Downham areas. Also more general national information and money saving tips are welcome.

WHERE IN THE WORLD DO YOU LIVE? Get yourself placed on the map.

King's Lynn Model Railway Club

Postby Colin H » 14 Feb 2018, 22:10

King's Lynn Model Railway Club will be holding its third Open Day at the Club Rooms, Upper Floor, Grimston Village Hall, Cliffe-en-Howe Road, Pott Row, PE32 1BY on Saturday 17 February 2018 from 10am to 4p.m. Free admission and parking.

Why not come along and see us and our permanent working layouts in OO, HO, N and 009 narrow gauge on the Upper Floor. Sorry but no wheelchair or assisted access to this level.

Members working layouts, demonstrations, second hand sales of railway items and related magazines on the Ground Floor along with newly acquired N Gauge exhibition layout and Tombola with chance to win free Family ticket to our Exhibition at Lynnsport in June 2018.

Why not enjoy a nice cup of tea/coffee and a slice of home made cake at a modest cost.

ColinH

visit our website http://www.klmrclub.simplesite.com/
Colin H

Re: King's Lynn Model Railway Club

Postby Bramleyman » 19 Feb 2018, 23:15

I was a member of King's Lynn MRC when it met in the old school in Hospital Walk until it was closed down. I still have the article from the EDP at the time and since gone on to start and run Wisbech MRC, when living that way, that has been running almost 13 years now. I still have a number of photo's from the original KLN MRC.

I had hoped to visit KLN open day on Saturday, but my Wife and I have been backwards and forwards between home and Papworth following a Major operation my wife's eldest daughter recently underwent and I am pleased to say, now back home recovering. All being well, I will get to their fourth one next year.
Bramleyman

Re: King's Lynn Model Railway Club

Postby Colin H » 19 Feb 2018, 23:30

Thanks for the post Bramleyman and glad to hear that your step-daughter is on the road to recovery from her op.

I've only been a member for four years and don't remember the days of the Hospital Walk Club, - to be honest don't think any of our members do. We are in our 4th year at Pott Row having previously met at North Runcton Village meeting place. We have the majority of the top floor of the Village Hall and have three permanent layouts in the Club room plus a couple of exhibition layouts that we are working on. Whilst Club night is Friday night 7.00 to 10.00, we do have 24/7 access and there are a couple of other meetings on Monday evening and Wednesday afternoon. Visitors and potential new members are always welcome.

The Open Day was very well attended once again and we received lots of favourable comments about the layouts.

Our next event will be our second Model Railway Exhibition to be held on 23 June at LynnSport, we have 19 layouts booked so far and 10 traders, refreshments will be available and the whole venue is wheelchair friendly.

Colin H
Colin H

Return to NOTICEBOARD.